La Cantina del Huerto de Lucas

Contact 915135466

Calle San Lucas 13, Madrid, Spain,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant inside El Huerta de Lucas organic market. Features hanging and vertical gardens, an indoor seating area.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Mediterranean, Salad bar, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by henrikw

A fair option - Edit

It is an ecological market with tables inside to seat and have something. The menu have 3 starters, 2 "light" dishes and 2 main courses which are vegan. They also offer one vegan cake, but I did not try it. Moreover, some of the courses from the menu weren't available and the vegan cake wasn't on the main desk, so I think they didn't serve it that night.

I must admit that the food was good and the portions were bigger as expected.

To sum up, the idea of the place is very good, but its execution is quite impovable.

Pros: nice ambient

Cons: service, only 2 vegan options in every section

A very special place in the center of Madrid! - Edit

What a surprise! We entered a kind of vintage food market where everything was organic and toxic free, even the air you breathe. We ate at La Cantina, a restaurant inside the market where all the food they serve is 100% organic. The food was very good and the place is amazing. A must go for everyone passing by the neighborhood of Chueca.

Pros: Space, Food, Ambience

a popular health food place! - Edit

La Cantina has a interesting menu where different items are clearly marked for people on different diets. The interior is airy with plants hanging from the ceiling and dining area surrounded fresh produce and other organic stuff on display. You can just take a bag and go pick up what you want as you wait for your meal. With high hopes, we were really looking forward to sample their food. Which turned out be a disappointment. The appetizer, a rösti with curry sauce, was okay but the main dishes were not. I had pumpkin (my favorite) with quinoa and my partner had a veggie burger. Both were dry and tasteless, and the french fries saggy with too much oil. Just the way I would think the non-vegans would imagine a vegan dish to be. As this establishment thrives to educate people about healthy eating, it's sad to see them fail quite miserably with vegan stuff. Also the service was bad. First they served us a mushroom risotto that we haven't ordered. I sent it back but it was still included in our bill and I had to point this out to the waiter. Overall the service was very slow. We had to wait for our main dishes for about 45 minutes. Then in the end it took me almost 10 minutes to get the attention of the waiter to get the bill. The place was full but that was not a excuse. Same evening we dined at Vega. It was full too but everything went really smoothly and the food was great.

Pros: the airy interior, Organic food store

Cons: Food, Service

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Cantina del Huerto de Lucas closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.