La Cantina

• Veg-friendly
Contact 312-842-1911

1911 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60616

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small Mexican restaurant in the South Loop with a full bar and a separate vegan menu.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by docpoet

well worth the walk from my hotel - Edit

I arrived in Chicago exhausted from work and travel sand in search of something delicious. The salsa has a nice kick and the vegan chorizo mini-chimichangas were delicious. I'm tempted to come back here again during my stay.

Pros: fast, delicious

vegan burritos are awesome - Edit

love their vegan chorizo and their vegan ground beef burritos. well seasoned meat substitue product, big portions, and crave-inducing. best in chicago i've found, and they have a wide delivery area via grubhub.

Pros: quality meat substitute product, fresh, well made, wide delivery area

south loop favorite! - Edit

All food is amazing, even if your not veg! I love going here with non veg people, this way we are all happy, and I don't feel like the odd man out. Ask for separate vegan menu, they are very accommodating;)

excellent vegan menu! - Edit

Make sure to tell your server that you are Vegan and they will bring you the Vegan Menu. So many options!!!

I had the enchiladas and my boyfriend had the chimichanga (both vegan with the chorizo option). Both were excellent and filling without being too heavy. Real attention to detail and emphasis on quality food here. Friendly service and fast too.
If you are in the area, definitely stop in, I know we'll be back next time we're in town!

Pros: vegan menu with lots of options , filling but not too heavy, quality food

Cons: not super cheap but not outrageously priced

Fantastic vegan options!! - Edit

I love this place. It has a separate vegan menu with more than 30 items; plus, all of their rice, beans, and tortillas are completely vegan. They offer Daiya and Uptons, and offer traditional standards. Some of my favorites are the grilled poblano quesadilla, mole enchiladas, spicy guacamole, and the tortilla soup (rich and tomato-based). The margaritas are quite good, as well, and $5 on Monday nights! It can get busy, but the servers are always friendly.

Pros: Great food, Good margaritas, Huge vegan menu

Cons: Can get noisy and crowded

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Cantina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1152 times since Jan 2014.