La Belle Verte

Contact 819-778-6363

166 Rue Eddy (at Papineau), Gatineau, Quebec, Canada, J8X 2W1

Vegetarian restaurant with a nearly all-vegan menu, specializing in raw food. Offers rainbow salads, hot soups, sandwiches, pizza, raw food buffet, green juices, organic fair trade coffee and tea. Mon-Tue 11:00am-7:00pm, Wed-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Raw, Western, Buffet, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering, Fusion

First Review by Parasol

Everything is great! - Edit

Always my got to restaurant, delicious food and great ambiance. The desserts are amazing, great place to invite your non-vegans friends.

Pros: Service, Food, Dessert

Cons: Not 100% vegan

or favorite meal in Ottawa area - Edit

Yummy and fresh! Collard wraps, lentil burgers, dal soup, and maybe the best raw dessert ever-the three layer cake. The photos don't do justice to the flavors. Very nice owner, too!

Magnifique! - Edit

With its mostly vegan and 100% vegetarian menu, La Belle Verte is well worth the trip across the river from downtown Ottawa, and is a short walk from many of the government buildings in Gatineau.

I've eaten here three times so far and have never been disappointed. I'm not used to having so any choices! The Gong wrap, with tempeh and veggies in peanut sauce, is spectacular. But I especially love the many raw menu items, like pizza and sushi rolls. I will keep coming back until I've tried everything.

They also have prepackaged items to take home, like vegan pate, soups and raw crackers.

Pros: Mostly vegan, Raw options, Take-out including frozen dishes and soups

Amazing Vegan Restaurant Minutes from Ottawa - Edit

​We've eaten here many times in the past few years and the food is always amazing. It is certainly one of our top picks.

La Belle Verte is just over the bridge from downtown Ottawa. It is warm, inviting, and often packed. They always have gorgeous art lining the walls. Their food is 95% vegan with quite a few raw choices.

My favorite is the raw pizza, Bien Habillée, for $12. It is the perfect combination of cashew cheez sauce, pesto, sundried tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms, crunchy kale, and un-bacon bits. The crust is made with flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, and sundried tomatoes. I've had numerous raw pizzas and this is the best hands down! Other items on the menu also sound amazing, but I find it hard to order something else when I love the pizza so much.

My son likes the Belle Verte salad and my husband loves the oven baked pizza called the Wild Goat.

My daughter ordered the creamy tomato soup with the Neptune salad for $13. The soup was good and the salad amazing. The seaweed in the salad was chewy so it may not be for everyone, but my daughter thought it worked well in the salad.

For dessert we tried the peanut butter cup. It was small, delicious, and paired well with the strawberry sauce.

Pros: outstanding healty food, warm invting decor

Cons: closed Sundays

Excellent paninis and raw desserts ! - Edit

Highly recommended. I had a yummy panini with spring rolls but they have several interesting options and the desserts are all so appetizing !
You can also buy their home made Kale chips with cashew and the raw linseeds crackers.

Je recommande chaudement ce restaurant situé dans la zone francophone d’Ottawa. Le menu est alléchant et ils proposent de délicieux paninis. J’ai opté pour l’un d’entre eux après des rouleaux de printemps et je me suis régalée. Dans les desserts, on a envie de tout essayer ! Ils vendent aussi des crackers crus et des chips de kale aux noix de cajou faits sur place.

Pros: Tasty and original, Roomy, Attractive desserts

Cons: Far from the center

Awesome - Edit

Love this place. Satay bowl is to die for. If you want takeout at lunchtime on a weekday call ahead or it's a long wait in a crowded space...there's nowhere to wait for takeout so you end up awkwardly in the way of everyone trying to pay for their meals. I would eat here a few times a week if I could afford it. Not cheap but prices are reasonable for the quantity and quality.

Pros: Great food

Cons: Sometimes very busy and crowded, Location is kind of out of the way

Trés Bien! - Edit

The menu is 99% vegan. Otherwise, tons of options to choose from and even lots of raw options. Food and service was great! Got seated right away and the waiters and waitresses always came back frequently to check if we wanted to order anything or fill our cups. Even their vegan cheesecake and cookies were delicious! I will definitely need to come back to try more things on the menu!

Pros: Fast and attentive service, Reasonably priced, Super friendly staff

Delicous meal! - Edit

We went to the Belle Verte on a week afternoon, we got a raw pizza and a chapati tempeh sandwich. Both were really flavourful and the raw pizza was specially delicious, best raw meal we ever have! :)

A place to stop if you are around Gatineau-Ottawa!

Bright, Clean, Delicious! - Edit

What a delightful find only minutes away from downtown Ottawa! We biked over on a weekday at lunch and the place was quite busy but we got a table right away.

The restaurant is clean and bright, the food is the same! I tried the Greek Pizza and it was bursting with vivid flavour. Great selection of raw desserts. The food is made fresh so it may not be the place to go if you're in a rush (though it did seem many patrons were nearby office workers on their lunch break). I appreciated the regular water refills.

I look forward to going back!

Pros: Great selection, Delicious food, Affordable

Return to Gatineau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Belle Verte closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3284 times since Jan 2010.