La Bauhinia

Contact 0153671991

10 Avenue d'Lena (at Shangri-La Hotel), Paris, France, 75116

Serves meat, vegan options available. Inside the upscale Hotel Shangri-La, this restaurant offers veggie options for lunch and dinner and also a vegan afternoon tea with a variety of fine vegan pastries offered daily 3:30-5:30pm. Open Mon-Sun 6:30am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, European, French, Non-veg

First Review by JonJon

Best of the best vegan pastries in the world! - Edit

I must admit... I am a gourmet with a sweet tooth ;-)
I really missed the very fine pastries that are only found in France's elegant pastry shops. So I was really exited when I saw my French vegan friends starting to share photos and enthusiastic comments about the vegan afternoon tea at the Shangri-La hotel. I tried it for the first time last summer, with several non-vegan parisians. All of us were absolutely amazed! Pastry chef Michael Bartocetti can be credited for revolutionizing the art of French pâtisserie. His vegan pastries are at the same level than the top haute pastries from celebrity chefs. Come hungry as the Vegan Afternoon Tea includes a plate of small savory treats; fragrant scones served with homemade coconut chantilly (whipped cream) and jams; a plate of 'petits fours' (small bite-sized confectionery and cakes) and the piece maitresse is the assortment of four delicate and scrumptious pastries. The tea menu is also very impressive.
The Vegan Afternoon Tea at the Shangri-La is now my first (highly anticipated) stop when I arrive in Paris. And we also tried the Green Dinner, a 100% vegan menu served every first thursday of the month at the Bauhinia high-end restaurant. It was outstanding! I would highly recommended this unique experience to anyone who wants to treat themselves in a truly magical surrounding. Haute vegan at its best!

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-15

Pros: World's best pastries, Very generous serving for the Vegan Tea Time, Refined setting, first class service

Cons: Green dinner is only once a month

Amazing vegan afternoon tea time! - Edit

This luxurious place offers a vegan tea time each day with a selection of vegan pastries made by Michael Bartocetti. Accompanied with small fine sandwiches, Chantilly cream and small flavourful breads, this afternoon tea is really amazing. Portions are huge, that makes the price of the tea time (€39 for one and €70 for two) not so expensive, considering quality and place. The place is nice and a pianist is playing during the afternoon. I recommend not to eat before and to spend the afternoon here.

A negative point is that waiters are not always familiar with veganism and if you order a vegan hot chocolate, clearly precise that you do not want any non vegan extra food with. Otherwise, they can bring you madeleines and non vegan Chantilly.

Pros: fine vegan pastries, nice place, huge range of teas

Cons: waiter not always familiar with veganism

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has La Bauhinia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.