KussKuss

• Veg-friendly
Contact +49-1738177572

Nogatstrasse 30 (at Hermannstrasse), Berlin, Germany, 12051

Serves meat, vegan options available. Kuche & Gemeinderaum. Cafe offering fresh daily changing dishes such as burritos, soup, sandwiches, and more. Burgers served Wed-Sun evenings. Has vegan options. Offers Sunday brunch buffet til 5pm with live piano music; reservations recommended. Stays open til late on jam/concert nights.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Western, Buffet, Beer/Wine, German, Non-veg

First Review by wildfang

Oh happy cow what would I do without you.... - Edit

This was the nearest place to my hotel as was in town for Father John Misty gig. Small neighbourhood bar with only a few tables but boy was my halloumi burger tasty. Bun was soft and fresh and cheese cooked to perfection as you know it can can a bit rubbery if not done right. There was a mixed crowed of young English, Americans and Germans. Was open mic comedy night but didn't stay as they weren't terribly funny. Sorry!! 9 euro for a beer and a burger.

Pros: Great burgers, friendly staff

Cons: Give the comedy night a miss, pretty small but cosy

fantastic burgers! - Edit

whoever makes these Nichtburgers is a true food lover. buns are baked in the tiny kitchen in the back next to the mini theatre.. three types of vegan burgers (i think this varies however) with fresh vegan krautsalat!

i saw some good looking cakes, too, but i was too full to pickk up anything else.

we will be back.

Pros: food quality, nice staff, good value

Cons: small, not fast

Tasty vegi-burgers in Neukölln! - Edit

I discovered this little cafe near the Hermannstr Ubahn not long ago. Their vegi-burger is the tastiest I've ever had and well worth the 5 euros. The bun is house made as well! Save some space for the cake too, their cheesecake is out of this world!!
The brunch buffet is also a great option for a lazy sunday. Their quiche is addictive!

Pros: excellent food, cozy vibe, good music

Cons: small space, less vegan options

Where were the burgers? - Edit

Ummm.., we went to this place looking forward to some burgers as their website indicates that they always do burgers in addition to the daily changing menu. Unfortunately, there was no such thing - all they had was a non-vegan quiche with salad, a winter veggie soup (vegan) and a chipotle rice chili (vegan) which we chose to get instead of the burgers.
My chili was lukewarm, my partner's was alright.
It tasted good, though.
There was no space for us to sit in the front room (only three tables there) so we had to sit down in the back room which bore only one table and a wooden stage and nothing else, thus was not comfortable or cosy at all, there was no music or anything playing either (which to my mind is not necessary if te atmosphere is nice anyway) plus it was very cold in that room too.
The owner was nice and asked several times whether everything was fine.

The surprise came when we wanted to pay. We had ordered from the menu written on blackboards above the bar so we didn't know how much things were going to cost, but we did get quite a shock when we heard that two portions of chili and a small bottle of beer cost 17,5€. In Neukolln! 7€ for a chili that's not even organic and 3,5€ for a small beer is quite unheard of in this part of town.
We certainly won't be back.

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has KussKuss closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1836 times since Jul 2012.