Pure and Whole - Pudong

1378 Huamu Rd, Kerry Parkside Center, B111 (at Pudong District), Shanghai, China

Its 2nd outlet, located in the basement of Kerry Parkside Center mall at the end of line 7. Western-style vegetarian cafe serving a variety of salads, wraps, veg burgers, pasta, plus smoothies and cleansing drinks. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian

First Review by ejplowery

average - Edit

I find it to be a bit pricey for what it is, however, it is a safe option in that it is all veg. I like that the menu is in English and the food options are western.

Usually totally awesome - Edit

Pure & Whole has some of the tastiest, freshest food in Pudong (maybe rivaled with Sproutworks, but Pure & Whole gains extra points for an all vegetarian menu). Unfortunately, not every single dish is as high quality as the others-- for instance, my friends and I are huge fans of the Awesome Curry, their veggie burgers (3 types), Thai Soup, and Tahini Salad. All are pretty generously portioned, yummy, and pretty healthy-- for instance, served with brown rice or salad and with lots of vegetables. On the other hand, we've also ordered some less than winning dishes, like Green Curry and the Detox Salad, which was essentially boiled broccoli and cauliflower with some lemon and spirulina sprinkled on them.

They offer vegan milkshakes made with cashew milk and lots of dishes with boosters like maca or smoothies with greens.

All in all, my friends and I love Pure & Whole. If you don't love your food the first time you go, I'd encourage you to go a second time and order all different dishes-- I think you'll be satisfied with your meal. Pure & Whole's salads are cheaper than those at places like Element Fresh, but since it's all vegetarian, I think options for us are more exciting and usually have more vegetables and fun sauces. Fair to large portions.

Pros: diverse options, vegan drinks, healthy

Cons: serves dairy

Pure and Whole - Edit

Ate here once and found the food to be bland. Many people love it so perhaps I ate there on an off night.

AndyT 04 Feb 2015 - Hello,
sorry to hear about your poor experience, I personally love to go to Pure and Whole.

However, I also often have to make use of their "spice bar" to add some more spice to the food as they believe in not adding too many condiments to be on the safe side for sensitive guests.

Return to Shanghai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Pure and Whole - Pudong closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.