Kurrito

Serves meat, vegan options available. Kashmiri, Indian, Mexican fusion in a burrito wrap. Could choose veggies or daal instead of meat filling. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-6:00pm.

Categories: Indian, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by dk1212

M.O.R. - Edit

- Pretty down the line. Its mexican style meets Indian spicing.
They occasionally run odd promotions, such as a table outside that blasts out music.

Its just OK. Chickpeas and lentils, what feels like a medium sauce can be turned to magma with dried chillis.

I prefer Slums too, and haven't felt the need to return here after a couple of visits. Certainly not "scrum diddly umptious", or whatever.

Rough & Ready - Edit

The good: it's currently £5 for a curry burrito (they call it a "kurrito", hence the name).
Their offerings are chickpea or mixed veg, along with rice, peppers, chillies and sundries in a burrito style choose-your-fillings service, in a chapati / wholemeal wrap. They also offer the usual bowls etc.
The bad:
Drinks are just canned sodas. Would be nice to see something else.
The veggie fillings (chickpea / mixed veg) are often quite bland to my spice-loving palate, and can look very, very oily.
The emphasis really is like Boojum's: high volumes like a school lunch line.
There are also not many tables and spaces to eat.
The food in general, is a bit inspid for me. A 10 minute walk takes you to the similar, but much nicer Slums.

Pros: Cheap, Quick, Good for solo dining

Cons: Bland, No customer toilets IIRC, Often there are beggars outside or nearby!

Food Heaven - Edit

I heard rumours about how good Kurrito is, so had to try it. I'm only disappointed not to have discovered Kurrito before now because the food is luscious! Plus there's a great range of vegetarian options including; veggie sabzi, daal, butternut squash in coconut and paneer & peas.

Tonight I treated myself to a Kurrito bowl filled with rice, salad, mint chutney and spicy paneer & peas. It was a fresh, tasty, filling meal. Indeed I enjoyed it so much I'm planning on returning each week - to work my way through all the veggie bowls. Once that's done I'll try all the veggie options in burritos, tacos, fajitas, rotis and on chips - the food really is so scrumptious and fresh I literally want to sample everything.

Kurrito offers delicious food and has delightfully helpful staff who'll happily talk you through all the food options on offer. Couple this with a visually cool interior, some of the best vegetarian and vegan options available in Belfast and as far as I'm concerned, Kurrito equals food heaven. I'm glad that as well as sit in and takeaway they also offer delivery. I'll never need to cook again - perfect! ;-)

Brilliant! - Edit

I love this place, I first visited it two weeks ago for lunch and have been 3 times since.

I love Indian food and I love burritos...so it may only be natural that I loved this place.

My major gripe with other burrito places in Belfast are the lack of an alternative to meat, peppers or guacamole just don't cut it.

Firstly you pick from a burrito, taco, bowl, fajita or roti.

For the filling: for Vegans, you can choose
lentils,
chickpeas,
Butternut squash and coconut
For vegetarians there is also a paneer and pea filling.

The great thing about this place, they will let you mix and match, for example, my favorite is the chickpeas and with the paneer and pea.

You then choose your salad and chutney.

A burrito and drink only came to £5.

I must say, I really love this place and has quickly become one of my favorite lunch spots, I would give 5 stars if I could.
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 09, 2015

Updated from previous review on Thursday July 09, 2015

Pros: Proper vegan/vegetarian fillings., Can be quite healthy, Inexpensive

Cons: No Vegan labeling,need to ask

Return to Belfast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kurrito closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.