First Review by Hariom

Used to love it - Edit

Used to love this place, till the day I was served frozen samosas.Outside they were fried, but inside it was still solid frozen, like you could almost break your teeth. Sometimes I miss the place, but every time I remember this experience, I decide against revisiting it... Still, as I mentioned, I used to love their food. Prices are decent as well and not so bad atmosphere.

Pros: varied offer, good food (when properly cooked), Decoration and atmosphere

Cons: Food shouldn't come to the table frozen

Love the food!!! - Edit

The food is ALWAYS delicious and really genuine, I love the taste! On the menus is always vegan option.
And everything is covered by fresh cilantro! I don´t know if its good or bad :D

Pros: quality of authentic food, nice people, local art inside

Cons: impractical interior

Veggie food without mock meats - Edit

I really appreciate Kupe's menu consisting of traditionally vegetarian Middle-Eastern dishes. They only use cheeses without rennet and no eggs.
Careful: spicy dishes (levels 4 - 5) are VERY spicy for a European. Oat and almond milk and plant-based cream are available for coffee drinks. Book your table if you're coming on a weekend.
Any downsides? Personally I don't enjoy the interior, it feels "cold" and not very Middle-Easternish.

Pros: wide selection of starters, Club Mate, helpful English-speaking staff

Cons: cold interior, way too big portions

A great find - Edit

I are here tonight with a colleague we shared the chili dip which was rated 5 + out of 5 for heat it was spicy hot and tasty. my dining partner had a vegetable gratin dish which she loved. it wholesome rich and tasty. I had one of the moussakas I
really enjoyed it. I think the place is 100% vegetarian I will definitely be back probably in two days

Veg Middle East - Edit

Very nice and cousy restaurant with Middle Eastern food Rasonable prices but unfortunetelly you have to bring cash with you. The closest ATM is quite far from the restaurant.
Updated from previous review on Monday May 06, 2013

Pros: big portions, friendly staff, very tasty

Cons: only cash

That's a great place! - Edit

Kupe became my favourite lunch place in Brno. The food is delicious, always there is vegan soup and vegan main dish during lunch hours (11-15), it's spiced excactly the way I like - not too much, but intensively, not only salt and pepper like in many places. Menu is original, oriental, menu book comes with pictures which can heat up your apetite. The big plus are vegan desserts, my usual problem in Czech Rep. Here they are and are delicious. For lunch, for the whole dinner, for evening with wine and sth sweet - I strongly recommend Kupe. Prices as in other restaurants in Brno, but for this quality - nothing to get angry about.

Pros: delicious!, vegan desserts, opening hours (to 23 during week, 17 su)

Hot! - Edit

Oriental restaurant with a great variety of vegetarian and vegan dishes, including many vegan starters and desserts. Delicious food, very friendly staff (English spoken). Cosy, non-formal atmosphere. Reasonable prices, WiFi, smoking and non-smoking part, dog friendly. Very nice menu, made like a big book with big photos and clear symbols for vegan, spicy etc. Beware of the spicy stuff if you can't cope with it, "hot" means really "hot"! While I was there I was told that whoever manages to eat one of the starters - "Mohammara", indicated as "very hot' - gets a main course for free. Forgot to ask how many people made it... Big portions, so it's tough to manage to eat 3 courses!

Pros: Excellent food, Great variety, Friendly staff

I wish I could eat there more often - Edit

Unfortunately I only had the pleasure of eating at Kupe once, but that was enough to leave me with a lasting impression. The place itself is very stylish and looks like something you'd expect in Berlin, not Brno. Their menu -- which consists mainly of Middle Eastern dishes -- clearly indicates what is vegan/gluten free etc., which is always a big plus. The food itself was excellent and I'd definitely have liked a dessert but alas I was too full from the falafel and hummus starter and the pide with vegan salami. What I found remarkable is that this place serves yerba mate, which definitely isn't common in European restaurants. Alternatively you can also get Club Mate, a mate-based soda that's fairly popular in and around Germany. They also prepare some interesting long-drinks, but we stuck to the good local beer. All in all an excellent experience, that seriously makes me consider a day trip to Brno just to eat there.

Pros: athmosphere, excellent food, interesting drinks

Oriental style and organized - Edit

I find this resturant quite interesting, when you go you have in the menu book which items are Vegan, Gluten-free, etc with a picture of the all the items in menu! So you know almost what you're about to get ad you dont have to go around asking what is vegan what is not, etc. Also the naan style bread they serve is very good! I've been a couple of times and I must admit that I like it. Its good to have a vegetarian restaurant in a city where it's so hard to find one and that too oriental with so many options to choose which is a BIG POSITIVE I'd say!! Also the price is quite reasonable

Return to Brno Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kupe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2563 times since May 2011.