Kung Fu Burger

031-3513636

Speichergasse 27, Bern, Switzerland, 3011

Serves meat, vegan options available. Kung fu themed burger restaurant and bar. Has a few lacto-veg burgers plus one vegan burger called The Straight Edge. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-2:30pm, 5:00pm-12:30am, Sat 11:00am-12:30am.

Categories: American, Organic, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Kittybiscuit

Best place in Bern for a vegan to take a carnivore - Edit

I get a lot of business visitors, and sometimes struggle to find a place to take them that is also enjoyable for me. Kung Fu burger serves a massive bloody, cheesy, burger topped with a pile of bacon. Looks like a heart attack on a plate, but it works every time. Every meat eater I've taken here absolutely raves about it, and some love the chicken burger. One of my guests loved the Tibetan dish, although I didn't pay attention to what he was eating. Meanwhile, I always order the truly impressive and delicious vegan fries, onion rings, and a pretty ok vegan burger (tasty but mushy) on a freshly baked vegan bun. The delightful staff assure me they maintain complete separation in the kitchen. Ask for the spicy sauce. Good stuff. I'd go here alone if I weren't here so much with visitors.

Pros: Double-fried fries. So delicious., Murican-style onion rings. Mmmm., Charming staff.

Cons: T-shirts don't say Bern. Or Switzerland!!

Limited vegan options - poor food quality - Edit

The vegan options are very limited, there is just one vegan burger on the menu, the rest are sides (chips, onion rings, vegetable crisps, salad - nothing original).

We both had the the vegan Kung Fu Burger with a lentil-carrot patty and a spelt bun.

The bun was ok and crispy. The patty however was terrible. It was a bit bland, very dry and mushy, so when trying to eat with our hands, the patty was squeezed out of the bun.

The chips we ordered as a side didn't meet our expectations either. I always thought you can't do anything wrong with chips, but obviously you can. They looked nice, as they still had their skin on, but unfortunately, they were mushy too.

We felt very stuffed and almost sick after our meal there, probably because we're not used to junk food any more.

The atmosphere wasn't to our taste, as the rap music was quite loud.

Staff was friendly and quick.

Pros: vegan options labelled, friendly staff

Cons: mushy food, loud rap music, limited vegan choice

Big vegan hamburger - Edit

I've been there during lunch time and the menu had labels for the vegan and vegetarian options. The vegan burger was made of dark beans and tasted good. We also had some french fries. :)
The staff was kind and friendly and brought us the english menu.

Pros: Labels vegan, Free wifi, Location

Cons: Few vegan options

Tasty and vegan options - Edit

The night I went, there were 2 vegan options and the sides (chips and veggie chips) were also vegan :) I took a pumpkin burger and my friend took a tofu burger both with additional ingredients and we took side serves of chips and veggie chips. The menu notes which options are vegetarian and which are vegan. They were delicious and not your average boring veggie burger. They also had a vegan dessert but unfortunately I didn't have any room. It was busy but we were served promptly. I was impressed and would have liked to have visited there again.

Pros: vegan options clearly identified, tasty

Return to Bern Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kung Fu Burger closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.