Kuma

250-725-2215

101 - 120 Fourth St, Tofino, British Columbia, Canada

Serves meat, vegan options available. Neighborhood Japanese eatery offering a few vegan dishes: spicy edamame, miso tofu, veggie udon, plus from the take away menu a miso veggie bowl which you could ask for in-restaurant. Open Mon-Sun 4:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by reyley

AMAZING Miso Veggie Bowl - Edit

I came here for dinner with my non-vegan family and I had the miso veggie bowl (not listed on their dinner menu, but the server helped me out). I live in Japan and therefore am pretty used to good Japanese food, and few Japanese meals I've had in North America have ever come close to this in quality. The flavour balance was amazing, each ingredient was clearly added with care, I was mildly blown away by how satisfying it was. It's a shame that they don't have more vegan options on the menu as I'm sure they would be excellent also.

Delicious! - Edit

We went here recently and the food was really good! it's a nice place and great service.

The veggie bowl was really really good! outshines everything else we ate honestly. The veggie udon was also really good with delicious and fun noodles.
The miso tofu was ok, it was mostly chunks of tofu with their amazing miso sauce, would be nice if the tofu itself was marinated or something.
The spicy edamame was really good and messy, a little too spicy for me but my husband loved them.

Pros: Veggie rice bowl!!

Cons: No vegan desserts

Return to Tofino Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kuma closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.