First Review by johnboy

Not bad - Edit

The food is well prepared, the restaurant is beautiful, and the staff are great. If dining alone, I still find Minzheng to be the better veg restuarant in Shenyang, and the price there is so much cheaper. If dining with a group and looking for somewhere to sit for hours, this is the place.
Also, this place serves beer, while other Buddhist veg restaurants do not.

Pros: Beautiful, Friendly, Serves alcohol

Cons: A bit expensive, Not suitable for dining alone

nice place, great sweet and sour, terrible baize - Edit

This place was friendly and Fast. The staff were helpful but speak no English. The dishes recommended by the staff like the fake meat skewers and mashed potatoes were really good. My personal favorite however was the sweet and sour fake chicken. We also ordered baozi and spring rolls which were not to my taste, but not the worst. All in all a good place which I would re visit, just listen to their recommendations!

Decent vegetarian chinese food - Edit

This place is now called "View and World Vegetarian Restaurant" (that's it's English title, anyway)

Firstly, please note that I generally dislike northern chinese food (I find it bland and usually uninteresting), so keep that in mind when reading this review.

It was nice to be able to find a place in Shenyang that was 'safe' for a vegetarian such as myself.

The menu offers a lot of alternatives, complete with English descriptions (some of which are guaranteed to make you laugh).

The menu centers on 'mock meats' (which I've never really understood the need for).

The food was OK. The service was very friendly and as helpful as possible, although none of the staff had any real English skills, but the usual hand gestures, smiles and patience sufficed.

Pros: Entirely vegetarian menu

Return to Shenyang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kuan Xiang Zi Vegetarian - View and World closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.