Ksheer Sagar

B-15/42, Sonarpura (at Sonarpura Crossing), Varanasi, India

Traditional Indian sweet shop serving a large selection sweets. Also has namkeems such as samosas, kachoris, and chanachur.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by H

Great! - Edit

I had no idea what was vegan or what to choose from, but an employee who spoke English helped me figure out what was vegan here, then I got an assortment of things.

Everything I tried was truly delicious, and the prices are very good.

Definitely recommend going here.

Pros: No meat, Friendly, Delicious

BEST SWEET SHOP IN ALL OF INDIA!! - Edit

OK, this isn't exactly a 'restaurant', BUT, it deserves special attention! This place really is the best sweet shop in all of India. They use only good quality, natural ingredients (no silver leafing) and have a huge variety of goodies to indulge with. I'm not much of a sweet-eater, but when I'm in Benares I GOTS to get my Ksheer Sagar fix almost daily!

Best/favorite items: Ras Malai (which is oh' so sublime), sweet curd (Dahi Meetha), Kheer Kadam, Cheena Payas, Ras Gola, Kheer Chamcham, Baikunth Bhog, and more and more...!

And their samosas are pretty much the only samosas I'll eat in India because I know they're clean and good quality - plus they're delicious! Everything Ksheer Sagar does is the best!

**Also, they have 3 other locations in Varanasi

Pros: ABSOLUTE BEST SWEET SHOP IN INDIA, Superb Quality & Consistency, Clean

Cons: Bit pricey, but whatever it's the best!

Return to Varanasi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ksheer Sagar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.