Krunkwich Ramen House

515-867-3674

2721 Ingersoll Ave, Des Moines, Iowa, USA, 50309

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ramen house where you could get a vegan ramen sandwich or fried rice add tofu or seitan, or order a bahn mi with tofu or seitan. Relocated 2016 from 621 Des Moines St. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by jeshualack

Vegan Noms - Edit

I flew in to town for work and needed lunch. I found this place on the app and decided to check it out. I had the vegan ramen bowl. Wow!! So yummy. So glad I found this place. Totally recommend!

Pros: veg options, friendly staff

Cons: popular and super busy

Krunkwich Ramen House - Edit

I got the Krunk rice with seitan. It was absolutely delicious! The rice was so tasty I almost ate the whole portion--which was about 3 cups of rice. The seitan was crispy with ginger flavor. Good food at a reasonable price.

There is a whole separate vegan menu (about half of the items on the menu are vegan) with lots of options and variety.

They have cute cat decorations on the wall.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Large portions for a good price, Excellent food

Best vegan food in Iowa - Edit

This is easily the best vegan food in Iowa. Krunkwich isn't an entirely vegan restaurant, but they have a separate vegan menu with lots of really interesting options.

My favorite is the vegan ramen, which comes with fried tofu, ginger seitan, pickled onions, cucumber slices, and noodles. You have a choice of fresh noodles made in house (that's what I recommend) or traditional ramen noodles. The vegan fried rice is also fantastic, and it's easily enough food to last for a couple of meals. The vegan burnt ends sandwich is the tastiest sandwich option. Sometimes they offer buffalo tofu as a special, and that's delightful as well.

If you're going to or through Des Moines, don't miss a stop at Krunkwich. (I would rate this restaurant 5 cows if it were allowed, but since it's a non-vegan restaurant, I can't.)

Pros: Very flavorful, Inexpensive, Exciting & unusual options

Bahn Mi, Fried Rice, Vegan Ramen - Edit

Krunkwich Ramen House is a great little hole in the wall type restaurant. I've eaten there a handful of times and each time I love it. The Bahn Mi with Seitan or Tofu is vegan. And the fried rice is huge for what it costs you can add Tofu or Seitan for a charge but it's good alone. They have several items on the menu that are marked as Vegan and they do some rotating menu items some of which are vegan The Seitan Burnt Ends sandwich was amazing as well.

Pros: Vegan Options Clearly Marked, The staff I've met know what vegan is

Return to Des Moines Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Krunkwich Ramen House closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.