Krowarzywa - Hoza

• Friend
Contact 0516894767

Hoza 29/31, Warsaw, Poland, 00-521

Vegan burger joints in Warsaw and Krakow. The burgers are made of tofu, seitan, millet, chickpeas, and vegetables and served in a bun with sauce of your choice. Uses local and seasonal produce. Offers fair trade coffee and tea, fruit and vegetable juices, cakes and cookies. This is its flagship outlet, est. 2013. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Vera Peres

Best burgers in the world? - Edit

Yes. This is probably the place where burgers go when they die. For years now on I didn't find any competition worldwide for Krowarzywa. The prices are totally great too. You can make yourself full for 3-4 EUR. There was a time when the staff was not nice, but then they changed it and now it's also super cool. Highly recommended, classy vegan fast food, with fresh and tasty igredients..

The best burgers - Edit

The best burgers I have ever had in my life!! They have amazing taste, I can eat them freshly made or from the fridge the next day! Great prices too!

Pros: Taste, Taste, Taste

The best brownie ever! - Edit

My seitan burger (4.1 Eur) was good but not great. I personally did not like the patty. It wasn't bad at all, but I am quite picky. I also had fries and coleslaw (very good) on the side, and could not finish my burger (ate it later during the day)! In most places the portions are quite small these days so I was nicely surprised to see the burger that big.

Our meat eating friends loved their burgers and were commenting that they did not get hungry for several hours after eating plant food.

The brownie (2.2 Eur) was SO GOOD that I got two to take away.

Pros: Huge burgers, very tasty, Nice staff, Amazing brownie

Second branch in two days - Edit

... so impressed with the first one that we explored this branch the next day. Even better vibe here, maybe it's the location... Not only the food but the decor for a casual yet retro and top quality experience..

Pros: Location, food, crowd

people say they're the best, on the contrary they're not so amazing - Edit

I have eaten few types of Krowarzywa's burgers. They were good, of course but I don't thnk they are worth their high prices. I know better places in Warsaw when you can eat very delicious burgers. But if you're not demanding, this is the place where you can eat when you're hungry.

Pros: big size of burger, nice staff, places to sit

Cons: high prices

Slightly disappointed - Edit

Maybe I expected too much because of the raving reviews, but this definitely was not the best burger I've had, and not even close to it...The burger patty itself was dry and didn't taste like "the real thing" at all. Also, the burger patties are not made on the spot, they are just reheated when you order (kind of lame that it isn't freshly made). The cheese wasn't even melted when served.Overall the flavour was not bad, but mostly because of the sauces, veggies and bun. If you're looking for the perfect burger, lower you're expectations regarding this place, or look elsewhere in Warsaw.

Best tartare sauce I have ever eaten - Edit

I was on vacation in Warsaw and wanted to see "Krowarzywa" because I have heard a lot about this place. I wasn't disappointed. Place in the heart of the city filled with customers. We ordered "jaglanex", "cieciorex" and "warzywex". Everything was delicious even better than mine home made burgers:) my non-vegan companions liked it, too. I didn't like the smoothies. To thick for me. I'd appreciate kind of more "watery" drinks in hot summers like lemonade or sth. Anyway very satisfied with that meal. Can invite non vegans without hesitation.

Pros: sauces, whole grain buns options, , vigorous city center, outdoor tables

Good food - Edit

It only serves vegeburgers (and coleslaw salad), but they are so tasty. The best ones in Warsaw! And for only about 15 zl. They always have the same 4 options (chickpeas, vegetables and cant remember more) and fifth, that changes every week. Recommended also with sauces: mustard and polish one.

The only thing that I miss are fries or something similiar.

Pros: cheap, polish sauce, burger of the week

Cons: no fries :(

Best vegan burger Ever!!! - Edit

I went to this burger joint as it was a few minutes away from the hostel I was staying at. They had an English menu which was super, and really helpful staff who also spoke English. I ordered the chickpea burger with vegan mayo and spicy tomato sauce which came up to 13.50. You have the options of wholemeal or white bread, or you can pay extra for gluten free.

Service was really quick and the burger itself was so yummy! it was a really large burger with a generous amount of garnishes! Even though this place docent sell chips- you don't miss them at all!!

Really recommend coming here!

Pros: Cheap, English speaking staff , Quick service

Great burger place - Edit

Super cosy burger place with a vast menu of build-yourself burgers. Delicious and fairly priced, and easy accessible with a couple of joints in the city.

Pros: Tasty, More than one joint, Nice image

5/5 Would visit again! - Edit

This was delicious. My partner and I got a burger with faux bacon and vegan cheese each, plus lemonade and a smoothie and a generous portion of cole slaw. Cole slaw was delicious (and I don't like cole slaw generally). Burgers were great, had a lot of leafy greens on it besides the patty. Everything tasted home-made and well prepared! The lemonade was super tasty/rich and the smoothie ("smufi", how cute) was nicely balanced, not too sweet.
Servers speak english and they have an english menu, as well.
Only (small) con was that they work with a "we call your number and you pick up your food"-system and they do only call your number once so if you miss it due to street noise your food will cool. So be diligent if you sit outside! :)

Pros: Hearty, homemade food, Portion size , English service

Cons: Call-and-pickup system outside

Simply Amazing! - Edit

This place is increadible :) I went there 3 times in the last 2 days (yes, twice in 1 day) and I LOVED it! But what's much more telling is the fact that my meat-eating cousin was also genuinely impressed and wowed to go back! The burger I liked best was the "seitanex" with spicy tomato sauce. The chia pudding was also very nice.

Pros: Yummy!

Cons: Quite busy (good sign) so be prepared for a bit of

Good burgers that don't quite live up to the hype - Edit

Although seating was scarce, we didn't have trouble finding a seat when we arrived in the early evening. The staff spoke good English, and made an effort to explain the various choices to us. The ordering system is easily understandable and the burger arrived in a bit more than 10min (lots of guests, so that was to be expected). We opted for the Jagalax burger (made with various seeds) and the "burger of the day", which was Italian-inspired. The bread (white or whole-wheat) was very good, the darker version we chose tastes quite wholesome and home-made, not done in the kind of sweet and overly soft fast-food style. There was ample veggie garnish and generous amount of sauce (you get to choose two). We tried tomato, spicy tomato and dillisc, all flavourful. The portion size is just right, you don't miss any sides like chips but won't stuff youself silly, either. The burger patties were a bit mushy, though, I'd prefer a firmer texture, but that's just my personal preference. I guess the seitan patty would have been more suitable. All in all, a very laid-back and good burger place.

Pros: Really good bread and garnish, Friendly staff

Cons: Grain-based patties are a little mushy, Order might take a while

Believe the hype - Edit

I had a so-called Polish vegetable burger and basil lemonade. So-called, I say, because it wasn't so much a burger as some beautiful vegetables stuffed inside a bun, and the vegetables weren't so much Polish as generally European (pretty Mediterranean in some cases). It was deliciously done and hugely satisfying though. It's easy to understand why Krowarzywa is as successful as it is.

Pros: Delicious

Cons: Not much space

Fantastic burgers. - Edit

I ate here multiple times during my stay in Warsaw, and was never disappointed. The seitan patty is huge, there are a good variety of sauces and you can add vegan cheese to your burger! If you just want to grab a quick bite then this is the place for you.

Incredible Burgers - Edit

I ate here on a Friday night with my girlfriend. It was packed out, which was great to see! The service was still super quick, the burgers were out in 5 minutes. We ate the tofu and the seitan burgers, had a smoothie and their own brand Yerba mate too. Everything was great, the burgers are huge, with sprouts and other lovely fresh ingredients. Incredible food and value for money!

Pros: Good vibes, Top quality burgers, Great service

Great Vegan Burgers at a Good Price - Edit

My wife and me we visited this place during our weekend in Warsaw. We really wanted to try vegan burgers. It was a Sunday evening, they had only chickpea burgers left. A chickpea burger cost only 13.5 pln which is a very good price for what you get in the centre of Warsaw. And the burger was delicious! The place has large ceiling, it is very spacey there.

Pros: delicious burger, good price, large space

Good 4 stars! - Edit

Good burgers but hey - not the best in the world! ;)

It would be cool if burgers would be more diverse in the matter of whats inside. Yup - You can choose which burger You want and dip but the rest goes the same.
I wish to have a wider choice of few ready-designed burgers with more fancy recipes. For example: cieciorex with vegan cheese, pineaple, sprouts and chilli dip. Or buraczex with parsley and wallnuts pesto, spinach and vegan mayo. And so on…
And would be great if all off them will be gluten-free. Thats not a cosmic science to add gluten free flour instead of wheat flour. Right?
Big thanks for gluten free bun!

WORDL'S BEST BURGUERS! - Edit

This place is awesome!
The burguers are amazing and the cakes delicious, with big portions and inexpensive prizes.
Not have english menu, but the staff is very friendly and speak english.
The only cons is that the place is small and plwais is crowded, but is normal because the place deserve it.
Our favorite place in Warzaw!

Pros: Awesome burguers, Amazing cakes, Inexpensive

Cons: Small, Is not in my country

Best burger in town - Edit

very delicous burger. different sorts, different sauces. and very friendly. lots of People go there. Good taste and good price. simple interieur. go try it.

Pros: cheap. different burgers

Cons: -

Best vegan burgers on planet earth - Edit

Best vegan burgers on planet earth - plain and simple.
You can't miss it if you're in town. Be prepared to wait for it though, super popular place!

Pros: Best burger on planet earth

The best veg burger in 26 years! - Edit

That's right. I've been eating meatless burgers for 25 years since I became vegetarian. Krowarzywa served me up the very best veg burger of all time! I had the chick pea based one. The next day I returned for more.

Pros: they have an English menu if you ask

Having burger withdrawals - Edit

This place is the best. We went here for lunch a few days ago while in Warsaw, and had the best burgers ever! A few hours later we found the other branch & stopped for burger number 2. I would go back to Warsaw purely for these burgers.

Pros: So many condiments! And staff not afraid to pile t, Cheap, Fast

Burger-bliss! - Edit

Took my meat loving collegues with me to this place, it was a success! They loved it, I loved it. Went here twice, second time with a third burger in my pocket for later lol. Krowarzywa saved my day!

Pros: Cake for dessert

Vegan burgers, vegan burgers everywhere ! - Edit

Many different vegan burgers available, with seitan, tofu, etc. Good price, pretty quick to serve.
The only "con" for me was that they give you a number and shout it when your order is ready... but in polish ! So... we waited a bit before realizing it was our number that had been called several times ;)

Pros: Different "steaks" avalable

Cons: Not all employees speak english

THE BEST - Edit

Cheap, filling, nutritious, entirely vegan and ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS, there isn't even much more to say! Wonderful place and they just opened a new location!

Pros: price, variety, everything

Cons: always full, little seating space

Amazing - Edit

I went here two days in a row, to both locations. I tried several things from the menu and was impressed by everything. The burgers are heavenly and a really good portion. The staff is English speaking and they provide an English menu.
Highly recommend.

Pros: fair amount of choices, healthy options

Cons: small, packed at times

Among The Best Vegan Burgers Internationally - Edit

This place won a burger contest run by a local newspaper a couple of years ago. The competition consisted of 19 other burger places, all of them meat-based burgers. Krowarzywa entered their amazing vegan burger in this competition and won!

Now, the place is always packed, and once you try their vegan burgers, you will understand why.

These burgers are HUGE and very reasonably priced for what you get. The actual patty has a great taste, and it is loaded with fresh veggies. I will miss these fantastic vegan burgers!

This place is quite small, so good luck finding a place to sit. You may end up either sitting outside, or more likely, you may just have to walk away with your delicious burger.

You must try this place if you are in Warsaw.

Pros: AMAZING vegan burgers

Cons: Waiting time can be quite long

Best vegan burger I ever had! - Edit

The vegan seitan burger is the best burger I ever had! They have a lot of choice and you can choose your own add ons (like vegan cheese, beets, etc)
Really yummie. We will go back there for sure!

Great spot - Edit

Was happy to find this vegetarian burger joint. My boyfriend wasn't as in love with it as I was because he's used to pub burgers (animal flesh) and a burger made of veggies and grains threw him a bit. But any vegetarian will love it! Nice options for burgers, sides, and beverages all very reasonably priced, cheap actually. Cute, small and cheery little place. Nice staff, spoke English.

Pros: Vegetarian and vegan, good value, cheery and bright little spot

just the absolute best - Edit

been living in Warsaw since they started up and have been to Krowarzywa on average twice a week probably. in exam periods when I don't have time to cook I go here everyday. mostly because the burgers are so different that you never get sick of them and the sauces you chose make them special too. the burger tygodnia is a burger they change every week and is usually really cool stuff! like kale-burger, Mexican burger etc. and they're always good? like I don't even understand this place. the queues can be long, so sunny saturday mid day might be a bad time but mostly fine though!

Pros: so many variation of the burgers, fun weekly burge

Cons: someone's long waiting time, very little seating

THE best burgers - Edit

Incredible vegan burgers, nice and helpful staff.
Often crowded, little space inside.
There are quite a few regular items on the menu, and additionally a burger of the week.
Everything's home-made, inlcuding the sauces, the delicius bread is bought at a local bakery, and the vegetables are always fresh and beautiful.
Smoothies and teas are very tasty, too.

ALL time favourite place in Warsaw!!!!! - Edit

From the time of their opening until the present day, I have NEVER been disappointed with any of the burgers. This is my favourite place in the whole of Warsaw! My favourites are Cieciorex- falafel like burger and Warzywex- grilled vegetables. In the summer they have the most delicious vegan ice cream EVER!!!!!

Great Vegan Burgers - Edit

I'd seen great reviews for this place and i was a little wary it wouldn't live up to expectations....but i needn't have worried, the burgers are great...really GREAT. Also i'd read that the wait can be a bit long but i experienced none of that, my burgers were served in good time. I wouldn't normally choose burgers as a vegan option but i have no reservations in recommending this place. If you go to Warsaw you should definitely make sure you try it....you won't regret it.

Pros: Fabulous food, Great staff, Big portions

Gut und viel. - Edit

Jedesmal in Warschau nehmen wir uns die Zeit für Burger in Krowarzywa. Schmeckt prima und wir werden immer satt. Ausgezeichnet. Nette Bedienung.
---
Every time in Warsaw we take the time for burgers in Krowarzywa. Tastes great and we are always full. Excellent. Nice service.

Super good - Edit

Good burgers at a fair price. Not your average greasy burgers but fresh and high-quality alternative toppings, where you can design your own burger. Highly recommendable!

Pros: Taste, price

Cons: few places to sit

Agree with missrok - Edit

It's a burger-centric menu, though a few salads and such too. Jam packed at 2:45PM (1445). Good plant-based burger patties. Too-rich-for-me "Polish Sauce", though it's just one of six sauce options. 12-15 zloty.

Pros: Tasty, Inexpensive

Cons: Popular with the young-uns

Best vegan burgers ever! - Edit

I love this place. It's small, there's hardly any place to sit and the waiting takes forever. Still, the burgers are totally worth the wait: giant, delicious, pure burger bliss.

I also really like the atmosphere there, the staff are super friendly and you get the feeling they are proud of the place they created and the food they serve (and deservedly!)

Pros: burgers!, friendly staff, central location

Cons: long waiting times, small, crowded space, no toilet

Wooooow - Edit

Krowarzywa burgers deserved their fame. They became absolutely legendary in the city, they are DELICIOUS,huge, full of veggies. Out of control.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 04, 2014

Pros: the best burgers in the world, gluten free options, great staff

Cons: dangerous amount of hipsters, small and always crowded space

Yum! - Edit

I've been here twice and wish I was staying longer to eat there again. I'm don't eat a lot of burgers, but these were amazing. They have an English menu and are very helpful. I loved the mustard and mayonnaise. I also had a smoothie which was tasty.

Pros: cheap, friendly service, delicious!

Contributions +45

the best vegan burger is in Warsaw - Edit

I tasted many burgers (vegan) so far but this ones at this small imbiss in Warsaw are simply the best. And they are huge! Be sure to eat the plate as well, it's made of oat bran.

Regarding the place itself it's relatively small and gets crowded often but it's definitely worth the visit.

Ps. They don't sell fries but they also don't mind if you pick them from the shop next door.
Updated from previous review on Friday August 29, 2014

Pros: tastes so good

Cons: space is relatively small and fills up quite easil, no card accepted

Still craving those fantastic burgers! - Edit

oh my god. This is my favourite burger place. FAVOURITE.
I wish i could give ten stars.
i love burgers, i eat burgers everywhere, i mean, im from berlin, we have a lot of good burgers, but those were the best best best. I travel a lot and i can really say that there are no better ones. They are HUGE, cheap, amazingly tasty and just perfect. It was so sad that I had a tooth surgery short before ive been there, so i had to cut the burger really small and it was STILL the best one. Im already thinking about going to Warsaw again only for the burgers.
I MISS YOUUUUUUU!

Pros: BEST BURGUUUUR IN THE WORLD, CHEAP, PERFECT

Cons: not, one, con

Never had better burgers - Edit

You have several choices of burgers (chickpea, tofu, seitan and more), same goes for bread (wheat, wholegrain & non-gluten) and sauces. They also serve excellent smoothies.
Menu in English and the staff speaks perfect English. Highly recommended and this is for sure a place I want to visit again. I love it!

Best vegan burgers in Warsaw! - Edit

We visit the place regularly with my husband, 1-2 times a week. After some time you will find your favourite burger & sauce. Burger of the week is usually very tasty as well. I definitely recommend to come an try. Watch-out: during the rush hour you may need to wait up to 20 mins for your burger.

Love this place! - Edit

Amazing place, atmosphere and best vegan burgers ever!
Not expensive, but still wish I would have enough money to have lunch there daily :)

Pros: Delicious food, Great atmosphere

Cons: Little place to seat in the rush hour, Stuff not always the nicest...

This was the BEST burger I have ever eaten - Edit

My husband is not vegan and even he was blow away. He agreed it was possibly the best burger that he had ever had vegan or not. I had the Setain burger and he had the weekly special. I think mine was better : ). The place is very small and very busy even though we went on a Thursday night around 9 pm. The staff were friendly and the wait was fairly quick. The only real downside I can say is that the meal was rather costly. Around 61 PLN with drinks included. I wish I could stay one more night in the city just to eat another one. . maybe for lunch and again for dinner.

Pros: Absolutely delicious, Friendly

Cons: kind of expensive

Best burgers ever - Edit

Seriously, I never enjoyed the taste of meat, so the burgers at Krowarzywa are definitely the best I've ever had. They're healthy, packed with veggies, completely vegan (like everything on the menu, including coffee with soy milk) and extremely tasty. I get stuffed with just one burger, although I know people who feel the need to eat something more (mainly omnivore guys). Yeah, the waiting can be long in the rush hours, but it doesn't happen too often for me. I heartily recommend Krowarzywa, it's one of my favorites and will probably stay this way forever. :)

Pros: Extremely tasty, Completely vegan, Very healthy

Cons: None that I can think of

Long live Krowarzywa! - Edit

I gem of a place. Centrally located, burgers that are oh so tasty, fresh and... fast! During my stay in Warsaw I ate every burger on the menu :D

Pros: Fantastically delicious: BURGERS!, Fast: serice, Friendly: staff

Cons: No side dishes (but great juices), Small

Good burgers - Edit

The staff are very helpful and the ones I spoke to knew English very well. Their burgers are huge which is great. It's all completely fresh and very tasty.

Pros: English speaking, Completely vegan, Handmade burgers

Cons: Small venue

DEFINITE MUST GO& MUST EAT - Edit

This place is fantastic. You can have a really tasty. healhty, 100% vegan and BIG burger without spending fortune. You can choose between "patties" made from: tofu, mushrooms, seitan, chickpeas etc. Bread and 2 dips to be chosen too.
The atmosphere is great and stuff is friendly. The only problem is little space but if you don't come in rush hours you can sit outside and its really nice :)

Pros: delicious!, good prices

Cons: little space, crowded

Not so fast food - Edit

I was in Krowarzywa only one time and I really want to come back.
My burger ("jaglanex" with tatar and tomato sauces) was perfect and I have to try other flavors next time.
There is only one "but": I had to wait for my food for 35 minutes. It was too long.

Pros: excellent food, good price, good location

Cons: too long waiting time

fresh burgers - Edit

Back in Warsaw again, and I saw there were some new places to try! Krowarzywa is close to the city centre on a nice street with lots of other cafes.

We got two burgers, one with seitan and the other with millet. With that you get two different sauces. In total we paid 27zl, around 6,50 euro. Both the burgers were big, filled with fresh vegetables and very tasty! The seitan had a very meaty texture, something I even as a vegan like.

The place and surrounding street has a very hipster feel, and prices are accordingly. While maybe not expensive for Western European standards, for Poland this was a very expensive burger.

Staff (English speaking) is very very friendly and easy-going though, giving good tips what burger to pick and with what sauces to combine it. It seems this place really runs well, there were a lot of costumers at the time we visited. Only downside is that there's not that much place to sit inside and around the place, so you might have to stand eating your burger or walk further.

In short: Don't mind hipsters and a bit more expensive prices? Then definitely go here because the food is fantastic!

Pros: very friendly staff, nice location, great simple food

Cons: expensive, very limited seating

Contributions +98

Delicious vegan burgers! - Edit

This place is amazing. We were in Warsaw for two days and ate three of our four meals here. Would highly recommend the seitan burger with mayonnaise and mustard. The staff are friendly, service is efficient, and the food tastes great. The cafe is small but has a fairly quick turnover so we always found a seat. The burger bun and toppings (lettuce / spinach, gherkins, onion) really make the burger a tasty meal. The burgers cost the equivalent of £3. Go here if you are vegan and in Warsaw!

Pros: Vegan burgers, Friendly staff, Affordable

OMG GREAT!! - Edit

So pleased to see this open here. Whenever I walk by I am always tempted to get a burger! They are fast delicious, fairly healthy. Only complaint, when I ordered the tofu burger, there was so little tofu, seemed like a rip off. If a meat eater got that I think it would bother them a lot more and turn them off to veggie eating. :/

Vegan fast food Paradise - Edit

Happened to be in Warsaw just as this appeared on Happy Cow whilst on my birthday holiday. Massive result we went straight there for lunch and what a place!! Instant hit for me, full of hungry people, great vibe, fresh smells, luxurious burgers & Morrissey playing in the background. There are something like 5 different types of burger and 5 sauces. We had the seitan burger with chilli and a smoked tofu with tomato. They were both super tasty, seriously delicious and filling. This place will do so well. Long life to the living cow!!

Pros: food, vibe, cool

Best vegan burgers in Warsaw - Edit

Krowarzywa is a sweet little joint selling delicious burgers and fruit/vegetable juices: definitely a must-eat in Warsaw! All food is healthy, local and seasonal and burgers are served in a vegan bun with a sauce of your choice.

The place is quite small and usually packed (with vegans, vegan-enthusiasts and curious passbyers), so prepare yourself to queue and for the possibility of not finding a seat, in particular if you go at peak hours.
There were also some comments about poor ventilation.

But mind you: it's totally worth it! It's delicious and leaves no one unsatisfied. You might just feel sorry for not being able to eat more than one burger at a time.

They also have a funny name Krowarzywa: Warzywa means vegetables but krowa üywa means cow and alive. The cow is alive. And the cow is happy.

And so are we because this place exists.

Updated from previous review on Friday April 12, 2013

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Good value

Cons: Too small, Waiting line in peak hours

Return to Warsaw Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Krowarzywa - Hoza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.