Krowarzywa

• Friend

Slawkowska 8, Krakow, Poland, 31-014

Vegan burger joints in Warsaw and Krakow. This is its 3rd branch, est. Feb 2016. Burgers are made of tofu, seitan, millet, chickpeas, and vegetables all served in a bun with sauce of your choice. Uses local and seasonal produce. Offers fair trade coffee and tea, fruit and vegetable juices, cakes and cookies. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by ciseaux

Burgers - Edit

The food was good and the staff spoke english as well as an english menu option. We had the seitan burger and the vegetable burger and you have a choice of sauces and the option to add extras such as vegan cheese for a little extra (1.5 zloty for cheese if I remember) and there is the option to have a gluten free bun although this costs a little extra also (about 1 zloty I think).

ouuusshhh - Edit

Everything is vegan! Great choice of LARGE burgers 👌🏻

delighted - Edit

All vegan, cheap, delicious. Don't know what else to add!

Pros: All vegan

Amazing!! - Edit

Obsessed with this place. I ate here twice over my 3 day stay in Kraków. This is the best vegan burger I've ever had. You get a choice of 5 different patties, 3 different buns, a bunch of sauces, and extra items. The mustard they use is delicious!

Pros: Cheap, Great Atmosphere , Gluten Free Options

So good! - Edit

I love these vegan burgers! I came there first time in December and I fall in love. The place is so minimalistic and classy. The food is always so fresh and tasty! I tried only burgers but they have also smoothies and vegan soup, brownies and some lemonade. I really recomend this place!

Pros: all vegan, no exepctions, always fresh and tasty f

Cons: i havent noticed yet anything bad

Good burgers, needed a few chips though! - Edit

As wonderful as the burgers in the other two branches (Warsaw) but was missing chips of any sort... not sure why. But it did the job and the flavours were wonderful :)

Pros: BURGERS, CLEAN, FRESH

Cons: No chips

Tasty burgers in central Krakow - Edit

I enjoyed my visit to Krowarzywa a lot: Friendly staff, no long waiting times and finally really good vegan burgers.

Pros: Nice staff, Good taste, Good value for the price

Cons: A bit loud and crowded

Fine, but nothing special - Edit

It's a burger joint. Different kinds, I had the one they said was the most popular option. Completely unremarkable. The patty had no characteristic taste (I'd almost describe it as neutral ...), but then the sprouts on the burger were a good addition. Of course it's great that it's all vegan. Fast service.

Pros: Fast service

Cons: Food is unremarkable

Excellent - Edit

Great tasting with gluten free options. Absolutely loved it. Went three days in a row while on holiday.

Pros: Great sauces, Gluten free options, Great vegan cheese

Cons: Gave me gluten burger bread one day even though I , Ran out of tofu burger and cheese for several days, Not a very cosy place to sit for a while

Amazing plant based burgers - Edit

It's cheap, it's amazing quality, and I went back for seconds. It has a reputation and it def lives up to it. Also, where can you get $3 burger anywhere else. Seriously, one of my fav places on my trip thus far.

My first vegan burger, success!! - Edit

Tasty! I'll go back when I have the opportunity again.
I recommend!

Pros: 100% vegan

Good burgers - Edit

Had a very tasty burger and some coke slaw.

They have a menu in English and the staff speaks English. Has a toilet.

Weird that their only side item is coleslaw. But at least it's good.

Near the center square, so convenient except if you have to park a car.

Definitely would recommend.

Pros: Taste, Price, Location

Cons: Lack of sides , No parking , Messy to eat

sad to say ? - Edit

Whatever you do don't go in 1 hour before they shut?they were already cleaning, on phones, looking tired, obviously wanting home.. there was only 1 type of burger left which was boring and tasteless... still great it wasn't animals though. Would be interesting to go back when they are better stocked! Lols?

Pros: they don't serve dead animals

Cons: as a business they should have food available as a

Full your tummy :] - Edit

if you wanna get a delicious lunchdinner - you probably gonna get there! you won't regret

Pros: delicious, Not very expensive

Cons: you will make your stomach very full :]

my favourite vegan burger spot - Edit

these are the best burgers you will have in your entire life vegan or not!!!! i come here everytime i visit my grandparents in poland & am seriously blown away about how good these taste. also they are super cheap! 3-4€. i can't even eat a vegan burger back in my home town anymore because they just taste awful compared to krowarzywa. also, may i explain the name KROWARZYWA to you: KROWA means cow & RZYWA means alive (written wrong, normally it's żywa, but it's pronounced the same). but also WARZYWA means vegetables. ha get it? i love that haha

Pros: only 3-4€ per burger, super delicious , located in the city centre

Tasty burger! - Edit

I really enjoyed the tofu burger I had. I liked how you could customize a bit by choosing the bun and your two sauces. Although we chose the brown bun but it wasn't actually very brown... still seemed like white bread to me.

Pros: Great location, Good prices, Customizable burger

Nice fast food. Staff could be friendlier. - Edit

This place is fairly easy to find, just off the north-west corner of the main square, Rynek Glowny. This was one of three places that we tried in Krakow and, although good, was definitely not as good as Farma Burgerownia Roślinna, just off the south-east corner of the the main square.

The variety of food is good here and the service is quite fast. Unfortunately, as seems to be the norm in Poland, the staff are not very friendly.

The establishment is fairly big, with a lot of seating. However, it could be kept more clean and the toilet is in a terrible place, right in the centre where everyone can see your comings and goings.

We tried the Cieciorex (chickpeas), Tofex (tofu) and Seitanex (seitain) burgers. The Cieciorex was the nicest of the three. In fact, it was the only one to write home about. The Tofex was just about okay, but nothing I'd rave about. The Seitanex, our least favourite, was too overcooked and so had a very tough dry texture to it, rather than a chewy texture. However, the burger buns were filled up a good bit with lots of extras - Spinach, onion, lettuce, etc. The sauces provided were just okay. Nothing special. All in all, they were nice burgers, but not as nice as the burgers in Farma.

We had three different kind of smoothies. All tasty good and had a nice consistency to them.

The price of everything was a fair price, but in the end we preferred Farma by far, so decided to return there on the last day.

Unfortunately, which seems to be the norm in Poland, the staff here are not particularly friendly, which is a shame, because it ruins the reputation of an establishment.

Pros: Quick service, Decent flavour, Fair prices

Cons: Unfriendly staff, Tough dry seitan, Could be cleaner with a toilet more 'private'.

So good!!! - Edit

Burgers and deserts were amazing!!! The place is also very nice and central. Near the main square.

Pros: Delicious food, Good location , Fair prices

Cons: Small space No wifi

Return to Krakow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Krowarzywa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.