First Review by Stevie

Our favourite spot in town! - Edit

Krishnas Cuisine is out locale dinner and lunch spot when we live in oslo. The price is better than anywhere else and the plates are big! (You can also get refills)

You should know that they only make one dish each day, one vegan and one vegetarian. For us who come here a lot the variation is just perfect. They also sell Kombucha. Yum yum

Ok, not smashing. - Edit

One Vegan and one vegetarian dish. The vegan was a a little like, "we TRIED to make a vegan version, but..."

Ok, but not a place i bother to travel 2km for, even though.

Pros: Cheap

Cons: A bit boring for vegan.

One of the few options in town for vegans - Edit

Located on the edges of Oslo near the Majorsteun station in an indoor shopping mall. It was a bit tricky to find, we had to go around the building. They have only a few vegan options - when I went, it was a bean and tomato dish with rice, pappadums and pineapple chutney. My partner had a mango lassi. My meal was good but not amazing, just good. Lovely and friendly service however. I guess it's not expensive for Oslo but it definitely is for those of us living elsewhere - my meal cost the equivalent of about 20 EUR. I was starving for some good food however and so I was happy to eat here.

Norway in general is not vegan friendly. Make sure you have access to a kitchen/fire, buy your own groceries or find yourself eating lots of mediocre falafel sandwiches (hummus and tahine sauces appear to be unknown, lots of mayo instead) and sides of chips. Asian fusion food is also available but let me repeat that Norway is very expensive and it's cheaper to cook your own food.

Pros: good service, healthy food

Cons: not the best location, expensive for foreigners

Friendly service and good food. - Edit

I live in Oslo and I am a frequent visitor to Krishna's. I have always enjoyed my meals there and find them healthy and flavourful. They always offer a vegan alternative for the main course. In Oslo it is also a reasonable price.

Pros: taste, portions, service

Cons: limited vegan alternative, location

Vegans: Not worth the detour - Edit

Once you know that Krishna's Cuisine is located inside the Colosseum shopping center it is quite easy to find. The place is modern, clean and spacious, with some discrete Indian-inspired decorations at the walls. The interior is down-to-earth, no frills.

I asked for a vegan dish and the only dish I could get was the vegetarian dish of the day minus the non-vegan ingredients. It was some type of curry with rice, a dal (lentil) soup, carrot salad and a papadum with tomato chutney. No dessert.

The papadum with tomato chutney was good (you can't go wrong with that I think), but I found the rest of the food quite bland. The vegetarian version of the dish included falafel with yogurt which would probably have made the dish more balanced, also tastewise. So probably the place is ok for vegetarians who are not into spicy food. As a vegan I found it quite disappointing since they are advertising they serve also for vegans. It is not that difficult to create a tasty, balanced vegan meal Indian-style...

Pros: free refill

Cons: bland food, poor vegan options

Good food - Edit

I haven't been there after going vegan, but as a vegetarian I loved the place. Great food! It should be noted that far from everything is vegan, but at least you'll get as much as you want of the vegan stuff if you're not vegetarian or omni.

I recommend this place.

Pros: Good value, Spicy, Friendly Staff

Cons: Not in the middle of Oslo, At a shopping center , Wish it was vegan

Not amazing, but good everyday food - Edit

I had dinne here with a friend of mine last week. First time for the both of us. We had the meal of the day. Rice, a bean/lentil casserole and a zucchini pancake. The food was OK. Not warm enough for my taste and it didn't taste much. Might just be unluck.

Not an amazing dinner, but the huge portions filled us up and I'll probably go back an other time.

Pros: big portions, cheap (for Norway), nice staff

Cons: food not served very warm, not very flavourfull

Worth the search - Edit

Trying to find this place was not fun...it's in the shopping centre! But the food was excellent, with plenty of choice in the inexpensive all-you-can-eat buffet. The atmosphere wasn't amazing, but I would definitely return for the food, especially the samosas!

Pros: cheap, vegan

Good food each time - Edit

The food is good and plenty (refill is encouraged). Price is as in other places in Oslo. Staff is friendly, though not much contact with them exists because this is a self-service place. This place is not in a closed cosy environment, but this is no problem for me. The place is just in front of a toys shop, so you will see lots of children around. The food is not too varied. One can buy weekly coupons for a cheaper price (this is what some regular customers do, from what I have noticed).

So, for a wonderfully tasty, full belly meal, just go and you will not be disappointed. If you want atmosphere and romance, go some place else.

Pros: good food, central, big portions

Cons: not closed enclosure, not varied recipes

Alright - Edit

This place is nice and relaxed. It's situated in a shopping center. But I guess those places need some extra good spirit, so I'm glad there is a veg restaurant there.
The soup was very salty, so I hope this was a slip in the kitchen. The main dish was nice, though.

Pros: Good price, OK food

Cons: A bit too salt

Not great at all! - Edit

I visited Krishnas Cuisine in 2008, and was disappointed. I've searched for vegetarian places to eat before I came to Oslo, and was looking forward to a good vegetarian meal. The food was of terrible quality (salad was dired and old, and the vegetables in the dish was bad). I did not get a resturant feeling at all, more like a school kitchen from the 70ties or something...

Cons: quality of the food, diverse menu

Excellent food - Edit

The restaurant moved to Colosseum shopping center and I think it lost a little of its soul by doing that. The food is still great though, the staff friendly as before and the prices are moderate for Oslo. They have soup, buffet of the day and also "all you can eat"-menues.

Pros: Excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: Dull shopping center

Very Good Food at a good price - Edit

I like Krishna's Cuisine a lot. The food is really good. The staff are very friendly. They have nice small desserts and special drinks.

And the consciousness there is so nice!

I always leave feeling fulfilled and happy

Pros: Good food, good prices, friendly staff

Cons: not exactly in the centre of Oslo

Pretty good food and lots of it - Edit

As with all buffet items that sits around for hours the food we had wasn't incredibly hot but it was pretty tasty and there was plenty of it! Restaurant's on the first floor so you get a pretty good view but it meant we had a bit of a hard time finding it - look up!!!

Pros: Pretty tasty food, Good size portions, Cheap (especially for Oslo)

Cons: Lukewarm

Krishna's Cuisine, Oslo - Edit

I went to this place with a friend who enjoys being cynically non vegetarian who just came along for the walk. He had a quick taste of my food and then immediately got himself up to the counter the same meal for himself. I'm very grateful to the Hare Krishna restaurants around the world giving me an option of veg*n food; Of those restaurants this one is maybe the best I have been to. Recommended, top food.

Pros: Sensational food

Cons: Not city centre

Return to Oslo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Krishna's Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5621 times since Aug 2007.