Krishna Catering and Restaurant

Contact 734-513-3663

29206 Orchard Lake Rd, Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA, 48334

Buffet on weekends. Not very vegan-friendly, use ghee in most dishes. Previously in Garden City. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-8:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out, Catering

First Review by Keith_Thode

Delicious Indian Food - Edit

Very vegan and Jain friendly - all options are marked clearly on the menu. The only time I have had to ask is when I have had the buffet. Their Undhiya (veg. curry w/peanut & garlic) is amazing. I also recommend their Leaf Pakora (batter fried spinach).

They have also recently added Bhindi (okra) dishes that have been wonderful.

We generally order take-out and while the phone service has seemed a bit stiff at times we have never gotten an incorrect order and people are always friendly at the counter.

Looking forward to checking out their new location as well in Farmington Hills!

Pros: Food is delicious, Very affordable prices

Cons: Phone orders sometimes take a bit of patience., Styrofoam containers for take-out and eat in.

best food ever - Edit

The best food I have ever eaten. I came Sunday evening just before close at 8pm. I always check the bathrooms first. This one was clean. I ordered samosas, matter paneer, rice, chapati, mango lassi and some milk sweets. Great price at $13 for the lot. The food is served on polystyrene, the seating is old 60s diner style and you order at the counter. But don't let any of that put you off. The food is fantastic. The samosa were great, the matter paneer perfect and the mango lassi thick and wonderful tasting - heavenly. I'm back again today for the same and it is just as good. Enjoy.

Vegans Beware - Edit

This was my favorite Indian restaurant until I discovered that the sign outside was a lie. The sign says "Pure Vegetarian." I found out that that means whatever they want it to mean, and it doesn't mean Vegan (Pure Vegetarian). They put butter (Ghee - clarified butter) in almost everything including the Sambar soup. I wanted to give this place 1 Happy/Purple Cow for the lie, but this site will not allow it for a place that's 100% vegetarian. Pardon me, but I don't consider butter, milk and yogurt 100% vegetarian.

Return to Farmington Hills Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Krishna Catering and Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.