Koukien

050-58685801

Naka-ku, Yamashita-cho 106, Yokohama, Japan, 231-0023

Serves meat, vegan options available. In Chinatown at 神奈川県横浜市中区山下町106. Menu has several pages of vegan options, all clearly labeled. Try the dried bean curd. Last lunch order 2:30pm, dinner 10pm. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, 4:30pm-11:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm. Closed 2nd & 4th Thursday of month.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Taiwanese, Non-veg

First Review by ReiAmber

Best meal in Yokohama - possibly Japan so far - Edit

This restaurant really impressed me, especially as we had just come from walking out of Peking Hanten (other Happy Cow suggestion) as it was so overpriced and service was very cold. Anyway, we arrived just as it opened for the evening and the staff were incredibly attentive and friendly (also immediately identified us as vegetarians haha)

Food was absolutely delicious, honestly one of the best meals I’ve had in Japan and I’ve been here for four months! There are a huge selection of vegetarian/vegan dishes at the back of the menu, felt like I was missing out by only sharing a couple with my boyfriend! We had the spicy tofu and spicy noodles, neither of which were too hot and both of which I highly recommend. Gyoza also yummy.

Definitely recommend if you’re in Yokohama!

Pros: Wide variety of dishes, Attentive service, Delicious and not too expensive

ReiAmber 13 Feb 2018 - I am going back there soon with my friend...I will have to try the spicy tofu!

Good number of choices available - Edit

I had the dried bean curd, spicy Taiwanese noodles and gyoza. The dried bean curd was excellent. I liked the soup base of the spicy Taiwanese noodles but the noodles themselves were just okay, not bad. The gyoza was okay but I'd like to try the vegan egg rolls next time.

They have a very large amount of choices compared to most other vegetarian/vegan restaurants in Japan so I'd like to go back to try more things.

The kitchen was semi-open so that made me feel confident about the cleanliness of the place.

Pros: Extensive vegan menu, Vegan items clearly labeled, Staff understands veganism

Cons: Serves shark fin in the regular menu

Return to Yokohama Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Koukien closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.