Koshinzuka

• Hotel B&B
    ( 1 review )
0264-573029

1775 Azuma, Tsumagojuku, Kiso-gun, Nagiso-machi, Nagano, Japan, 399-5302

Family operated, Japanese-style bed and breakfast with futon, located near to Tsumago in the Kiso Valley. The owners have an understanding of vegan and vegetarian diets and will prepare dinner and breakfast to accommodate. The location is convenient for walking the Nakasendo route between Magome and Tsumago, on a road with a bus stop directly outside (Koshinzuka stop). Has parking.

1 Review

First Review by Shauna333

Amazing Experience - Edit

Just wanted to make a recommendation for an amazing minshuku we stayed at in the Kiso Valley. It's called Koshinzuka, and is near to Tsumago. I had spent ages trying to find someplace to stay for our trip, that could accommodate to my vegan lifestyle. I emailed many ryokan and minshiku, and they all couldn't accommodate to a vegan (or even vegetarian) diet. This place had a space for food intolerances on their booking form, so I was hopeful and am so glad they had space, as it was incredible! The owners were amazing, and the food was all vegan and excellent. We had gohei mochi for dinner, made from walnuts the owners grew in their garden, and we were shown photos from the last harvest. The owner, Masa san, talked us through each dish and showed us photos from the history of the property, which is over 100 years old. He taught us about local traditions, and even sang folk songs to us after dinner. We couldn't have asked for more. There's a bus stop right outside, and we hiked from here to Tsumago, then on to Magome, getting the bus back to then drive back to Tokyo. I recommended it to a friend, who looked to book for April, and it was fully booked, so I feel very lucky we managed to stay as the only guests last week! It was ¥7,500 each for the night, including all food. Please do go!

Pros: The hospitality was flawless, Incredible homegrown food, Traditional Japanese life

Cons: It could be hard to find without a car

Return to Nagano Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Koshinzuka closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.