CLOSED: Koradi

2221-2545

9a Av Sir (at 2a Calle Poniente), San Salvador, El Salvador, near center of San S

Offers a mixture of foods including pupusas, soup, salad, faux meats "carne asada de soya", tamales, and rice dishes. Approximately 30% of the dishes are vegan, and the staff will let you know which items have dairy and/or egg. Spanish speaking. Cafeteria style setting. MAY 2015 REPORTED NOT AT THIS LOCATION ANYMORE.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Buffet

First Review by westcornersville

Decent food - Edit

I ate here once in the afternoon. The food was decent. Not bad. You'll be hardpressed to find other restaurants that'll serve vegetables, so it's great this place exists. For a budget traveler like myself, the pricing is average. You pay for a single portion of whatever you like from their steam tray. If you're really hungry you could spend upwards to about 8 dollars. They're homemade soymilk (with sugar) is pretty tasty, it has some spices that remind me of Christmas.

Pros: Variety

Cons: I wish it were a real "buffet"

Good Place for Lunch - Edit

This is a good affordable vegetarian cafeteria. They have a variety of Salvadoran foods (including pan-Central American foods)--though it would be nice if more were vegan (for example, their pupusas are cheese pupusas--something that's ubiquitous everywhere in El Salvador). However, they have a vegan soup with some really good ingredients (like squash, plantains, yuca, corn and their "carne de soya"). They have good bread too. I saw another location at the intersection of (looking at the Google Map--based on where I think I was) 39 Av Sur and 8A-10A Calle Poniente, but I didn't go inside.

Pros: affordable, great bread and soup (and other dishes), close to city center

Cons: not enough vegan items

Return to San Salvador Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Koradi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.