Kop van 't Land

+31-078-6300650

Zeedijk 32 (at edge of the Biesbosch forest), Dordrecht, Netherlands, 3329 LC

Modern restaurant and hotel featuring al fresco dining on the water and a smoke-free dining room. Will accommodate special diets and group with advance notice. Lacto-ovo vegetarian cuisine with international influence using fresh regional produce, stylishly presented.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Organic, Beer/Wine

First Review by gisaster25

Kop Van't Land - Edit

This is such an amazing restaurant, I can't recommend it enough! It's a tourist attraction in itself. We went for the ten course tasting menu and didn't want it to end.

In the U.K. where we're from, this kind of cooking would only be seen in the stuffiest of restaurants with an eye-wateringly expensive bill, but here it was an extremely relaxed setting, not remotely pompous, and the food was worth every single penny - delicate, beautifully presented, exquisitely judged. The waitress went to the trouble of explaining everything about each course. Go!!!

Pros: Exquisite food, Friendly, attentive staff, Probably the best meal of my life

If you love food; go to Kop van 't Land! - Edit

We've been two times (April and August) to the Kop van 't Land. Both times it was perfect. The first time we ride back to our home town, but the second time we decided to sleep at the Kop van 't Land so we could enjoy the great wines and it was worth the time and money. What a beautiful dishes, so much great flavors!

First time (2 persons)
+ full 7 course meal

Second time (4 persons)
+ full 7 course meal
+ wine arrangement
+ room at the Kop van 't Land
+ great fresh (organic) breakfast

If you love food; go to Kop van 't Land! The dishes are perfect and little pieces of art. The service and ambiance is also great.

Updated from previous review on Thursday September 03, 2015

Updated from previous review on Thursday September 03, 2015

Pros: Excellent vegetarian/vegan food, Friendly staff, Michellin worthy, Good value

The BEST Vegan Restaurant. (Michelin Star-worthy) - Edit

If you ever visit Holland, you're vegan (or vegetarian, or raw vegan) and you are looking for more than a snack: do yourself a favour and visit this place. Do it once in your life. Thank yourself later.

This is by far, the best vegan-friendly restaurant I have ever been to. I could wrote 4 pages, but nobody wants to read that.

FOOD
A picturesque scene, great service on a whole new level (free of charge bottles of fresh water, automatically refilled the entire night!)and surprisingly great new (!) flavours you will remember for the rest of your life. i aint gonna spoil nothing. Find out for yourself and get ready to be surprised on all levels.

SERVICE
A great hostess, a relaxed atmosphere and one hell of a chef that greets you in person. You can wear a black tie or your sweat pants, you will be treated like a rockstar but not in an uncomfortable way.

ANIMALS
No meat is served here. But for me, as a vegan that alone of course won't do. Whatever diet or lifestyle you have: vegan, raw vegan, multiple intolerant or vegetarian: chef Ewout creates a personal feast for you! I've never seen such specialism and such care for individual guests before. And this is not just a vegan being happy I can eat everything I want for a change.

PRICE
This is the best part: on Monday they serve a 10-course meal (for me it felt like an 11-course since you get special bread with an amazing tapenade in advance) for 38 euro's. That's crazy. 3,80 per course (WTH) which contains high quality, exotic and mostly organic products. How do they do it? I honestly don't know. These people love their food they love their customers and they love the to serve.

Updated from previous review on Tuesday April 29, 2014

Pros: Perfect food, Service and Location, Vegan, Raw Vegan, Vegetarian etc!, Price-Quality is unbelievably Good

Cons: None.

A delight for the palate - Edit

I dined at De Kop van't Land recently for the Monday night tasting menu (30euros per person) and was amazed with every course. The risotto with mushroom tempura, the pasta shell filled with ricotta, herbs in a delicious broth, mango salad with cream, roasted cauliflower soup and strawberry smoothie were all delicious and I left very satisfied. This is easily one of the best, if not the very best restaurant I have had the pleasure to dine in (vegetarian or otherwise). The atmosphere is very nice. It's rare to find a fully vegetarian restaurant that has an upscale, modernist-look. Don't be afraid to dress up although I'm sure there's no dress code. We sat inside but the patio looked very welcoming. If you are in the Netherlands, this place is worth the trip. Very impressive stuff.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly, knowledgable staff, Great atmosphere

Cons: 30euros is steep but worth it

The best dining in Nederland - Edit

In my experience, Kop van 't Land is the best restaurant - vegetarian or otherwise - in the Netherlands. I've eaten there four times in the last year and they offer up mouth-watering new delicacies each time.

My favourite time to go is Monday night when they serve a tasting menu (proeverij) of ten or so small, beautifully presented courses for 30 EUR p.p. Highlights of previous visits include: yellow beet 'caviar'; fresh gazpacho; asparagus with Parmesan curls, creme-fraiche and herbs; portobello pate on toast with a 'shot' of sesame bouillon; hot and spicy coconut curry with mango rice; a warm wrap of red pepper and eggplant, with avocado cream; nut bread with warm chevre, sliced pear and balsamic reduction; Moroccan dessert pastry with apples, raisins and lemon sorbet.

Even my carnivorous boyfriend, who frequently complains that vegetarian restaurants serve bland, artless food, loves this restaurant as much as I do.

A tip: Consider going by car, or staying overnight in the hotel, or calling a taxi when leaving the restaurant because the city bus connecting Dordrecht Centraal and Kop van 't Land (about a 12 min. ride) stops running very early in the evening it seems. You could probably get there by bus but wouldn't be able to leave till the next morning. (For public transport details: www.9292ov.nl)

Pros: Delicious food, Artful presentation, Amazing tasting menu

Cons: Nothing, I love this place

Return to Dordrecht Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kop van 't Land closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1936 times.