Mediterranean
Beer/Wine
Middle Eastern

Cocktail and mezze bar serving Persian inspired cuisine. Dishes include fries, breads, aubergine dip, hummus, mezze, stews and more. Relocated from 10 Zetland Rd. Open Mon-Thu 12:00-23:00, Fri-Sat 12:00-23:30, Sun 12:00-22:00.

Venue map for Koocha Mezze Bar
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Joelusername

ThroughTheLens

Points +304

22 Feb 2024

Huge menu, all delicious

I went there with my wife and between us we had 8 dishes, including 2 desserts, and every one of them was amazing!

We shared 5 Mezze dishes and a plate of dirty fries (which was by far the best dirty fries I've ever had), and then washed it down with Backlava and an incredible cheesecake!

The staff were all friendly and the setup was lovely. Easily in my top 3 restaurants in the UK, probably sitting comfortably at #1 or #2.

Highly recommended!

Pros: Dirty fries, Pistachio cheesecake, Flat bread

TomBridges

Points +254

16 Feb 2024

great food

food was really nice lots of choice on the menu nice vibe inside

Pros: good options, tasty food

Cons: slightly expensive

ursosito

Points +58

11 Feb 2024

Loved this

Visited Koocha recently on two separate occasions. Once on a Sunday for their Sunday roast which was great! Loved their sides - particularly the Oyster wings. Wow!!! Loved them!

Pros: Oyster wings, Friendly service

Silva9

Points +55

06 Feb 2024

Fantastic!

I loved this experience! Thank you!! Fully supported with allergens in finding the right dishes for me AND in a friendly way. The food was delicious- wish I could have eaten more and can’t wait to return for another tasty meal.

Pros: Allergens support and understanding , Friendly staff , Such tasty, unique dishes

usernameisella

Points +143

04 Feb 2024

Excellent flavours!

A seriously delicious menu with a wide range of textures and dishes. The food is well prepared, and the venue is lovely.

Staff are relaxed and informative, and the atmosphere is good.

Pros: Delicious, Well made, Pretty venu

Cons: Slightly expensive

veganrunner34

Points +78

19 Jan 2024

A must visit if you are in Bristol

Didn’t know this place was here but only just over a mile walk from the centre. Amazing food. I had the saffron & tahini skewers and my hubby had the ghormeh Sabzi which is a Persian stew. The saffron margarita was one of the best margaritas I’ve ever had. I also had a bit of room for the baklava for pudding. You have to visit this place.

Updated from previous review on 2024-01-19

Pros: Cool vibe , Friendly staff, Amazing food

emmamolly7

Points +205

30 Dec 2023

Really good food

Really cool vibe inside and good food. We had 6 of the mezze plates between 2 of us, which was arguably a bit much. Good cocktails too although could maybe do with a bit more choice.

Sarahdcox

Points +350

26 Nov 2023

Fabulous food and lovely location

Really really amazing food, great flavours, quality and really reasonable, we had small plates to share, all delicious. Great cocktails and local beers too. The bao buns are a highlight.

Pros: Inventive menu with lots of choice , Cosy and welcoming space , Really good value for money

nick14

Points +889

02 Nov 2023

Amazing food

A bit far out of the center but we'll worth the journey.

Pros: Everything tasted amazing!, Good price, Nice atmosphere

SarahKC

Points +146

12 Oct 2023

Amazing food!

We walked a very long way to get to this place - and we weren't disappointed!

Mezze portions are very generous, flavours were great and the food was really creative.

Staff were really friendly too.

Highly recommend.

Updated from previous review on 2023-10-12

Pros: Great food, Generous portions

MaCooper

Points +66

12 Oct 2023

Excellent food and atmosphere

A great menu of lovely options for sharing or not! Delicious kebabs etc.

Pros: Great choice , Great taste, Great value

Shazpot

Points +34

02 Oct 2023

Absolutely amazing

Such a vibrant and funky restaurant with friendly and knowledgeable staff.
So lovely to be able to eat in a fully vegan place with such tasty food.
Everything was seriously yummy and my husband stated that it was the best vegan food he had eaten since becoming vegan 4 years ago.
Would highly recommend and will definitely be back for more.

Pros: The staff were brilliant., Food was seriously tasty., The vibe of the restaurant.

CadanapTomos

Points +19

Vegetarian
30 Sep 2023

Delicious!

A great range of inventive and delicious dishes. 3 dishes per person is plenty of food.

KCadventure

Points +939

20 Sep 2023

Best vegan restaurant in Bristol?

Koocha is good. It's really really good. If you do 3 mezze per person (£18 each) you get loads of utterly delicious food and it's reasonably priced too.
I went here with a coeliac friend and they were wonderfully accommodating, making substitutions and recommendations as needed. Every time I go here it's excellent. Highly recommend.

JolyonJenkins

Points +39

03 Sep 2023

Great place

I took a lot of non vegans here and they loved it

Rosie252

Points +157

28 Aug 2023

Always delicious, always wonderful

Koocha, while hard to get a booking at, is 100% worth the effort! I would recommend the "oyster wings" above all else, I was considering ordering a second portion.

We ordered two large plates and two mezze between two people, which filled us up plenty. We also got some cocktails which were lovely, and since we arrived early we got the "two of the same for £15" deal.

The staff are always lovely too, and while the place is small and intimate, it was never too loud for conversation.

The only downside is that a lot of the menu is often unavailable, which is a shame, but everything we did order was delicious, and there was still plenty of choice.

Pros: Amazing food, Worth the effort!

Cons: Full menu not available, Hard to book

soydumplings

Points +1007

22 Aug 2023

Stunning food

Koocha mezze bar wow.
This place has such a reputation and it definitely lived up to it!
We choose:
-Oyster wings (something I was most excited for)
-Batata Harra (Incredible, mouthwatering, 100/10)
-Spiced cauliflower (So so delicious and the borani it sat on was to die for)
-Sweetcorn fritters (Jake’s favourite)
-Baba ghanoush (My first time trying baba ghanoush but wow, I am now a convert. Stunning)
-Pomegranate cheesecake (We took this to go)

I was super impressed with every single dish, however, if the oyster mushrooms were a little more cooked inside I would have said every dish was 100% perfect!

Pros: Stunning baba ghanoush , Amazing flavours

Cons: Oyster wings a little underdone

HarrietPage

Points +257

20 Aug 2023

Cute place for a date

Flatbread and baba ganoush were top tier. I didn’t find the other dishes very balanced, but still good food 😊 and definitely recommend as fully vegan. Be aware that they’re changing their menu soon so they aren’t making half of what’s advertised on their website sadly

Pros: Cool atmosphere, Reasonable prices , Fully vegan

Cons: Didn’t have half of the menu , Flavours clashed

Rosie252

28 Aug 2023

Only 3 stars? With respect, you're wrong! I'd really encourage you to go back and try some more things!

priya108

Points +119

Herbivore
15 Aug 2023

Feast for the Senses✨

This was a wonderful find. Everything was beautifully displayed and delicious.
Great place for dates and special occasions.
The baklava and cream were Devine ✨

kellydibbert

Points +195

11 Aug 2023

Delightful experience

Gorgeously authentic and kind staff, supremely tasty mezze dishes (big portions, so be mindful when ordering) splendid cocktails and cheesecake, tastefully decorated. Thank you.

Pros: Flavours were outstanding in each dish, Top4: spiced cauli, beetroot borani, kookoo, wing, Cheesecake quality was outrageously good

Cons: Tiny bit too much mayo on a couple of dishes

MollyGoould

Points +130

08 Aug 2023

Fab food for all the family

Had a fab family gathering at Koocha and the food did not disappoint! I went for an assortment of small plates while my family chose the kebab style mains, great reviews all round!

vegansheep

Points +1961

05 Aug 2023

Fantastic!

We had a selection of mezze - all delicious. I particularly recommend the spiced potatoes, okra fries, and spinach chickpea braise!
It’s a nice little place with two floors and a pretty mural on the exterior.

Edit August 2023: still delicious! They had slightly fewer mezze options and pure ‘hummus’ and ‘falafel’ were no longer on the menu, but everything was still amazing.

Updated from previous review on 2022-08-22

Amunra61

Points +154

25 Jul 2023

As good as I remember

It's been too long since I have visited Koocha - the first time at the Cheltenham Rd premises. Was not disappointed and standard of dishes has not dropped. Plenty of choice and good portions offered. Restaurant was quite busy and mains took some time getting to us but well worth the wait. It shows Koocha offers a winning formula. Our group of 4 all enthused over our chosen dishes which was considered value for money. Glad we booked in advance.

Pros: Good portions of tasty food, Attentive staff, Value for money

Cons: Bit of a wait for food but worth the wait

V3gan

Points +183

12 Jul 2023

Excellent

Loads of choice including both healthy and naughty options. The mezze style means you can try a few different things - I liked everything I ordered!

Jessicajellys

Points +74

11 Jul 2023

Incredible place

Great food in such a lovely looking restaurant. I had the crispy oyster mushrooms, corn ribs and the kebab meat loaded fries which I highly recommend. However the chicken burger here is very average so be careful with what you order.

Pros: So many great options on menu it’s hard to pick , Interesting food you don’t get anywhere else , Pretty and colourful building outside and inside

JoTaylor

Points +204

11 Jul 2023

Best food ever!

This was some of the most delicious food I have ever tasted. It is worth coming to Bristol just to experience this fabulous vegan restaurant 😁

Pros: Completely vegan, Delicious food, Lovely decor and atmosphere

Steven_

Points +138

07 Jul 2023

Eat here

Really great restaurant with a big selection of dishes and friendly staff. Basically tried most of the mezze dishes and there wasn't a single one that wasn't delicious. Will definitely be back here any time we're in Bristol!

Pros: Vegan, Awesome selection

Cons: They haven't opened a restaurant in London