First Review by Julie R

Hidden Gem - Edit

Stopped in for lunch and immediately fell in love. Awesome decor, very friendly service, large portions, and all vegan!!! The space was clean and well-maintained. It's counter service in a to-go style. Tried the mango guava juice and the yatties as well as a lunch plate. Wish I lived nearby, I'd be a frequent customer for sure.

Pros: All Vegan, Friendly Service, Cool Ambiance

Cons: Limited Parking, Styrofoam Containers

Great food and vibes! - Edit

I requested that this listing be corrected -- Konata's is totally vegan, not just vegetarian! And more importantly, it's fantastic! The food is hearty and flavorful, and I've even taken two meat-eaters here who both said that they would've been fooled had they not been told that they food was vegan. Notably, I usually am not a fan of soy-based dishes, but Konata's is an exception -- they prepare their seitan in a way that's out of this world! I've had it stewed with plaintains, flavored by coconut...so so good! Also, the restaurant is laid-back and totally unpretentious, as are the staff, and the price is right -- $10 for the meal, which rotates daily (another plus for me -- I love fixed menus). Some of the best vibes in Miami! My only complaint is that they serve the food in styrofoam containers even if you eat-in...they should get something biodegradable, I'd be willing to pay a little more to at least have that option!

Pros: Amazing vibrations!, Perfect cleanliness and safety rating

Cons: Sort of in the middle of nowhere, Served in styrofoam even if you eat-in

This place is amazing. - Edit

The food is amazing! You can taste the passion and wholesomeness. Another amazing fact is that Konatta has not failed one health inspection yet! He keeps his kitchen tight. I recommend this place to anyone, vegan or not.

Also, you MUST try the TRILLA!! It's a concoction of herbs and fruit with no added sweetener.

One Love.

Pros: Reasonable price, Clean, Wholesome

Delicious - Edit

I honestly wasn't paying much attention to the man who was speaking to us after he said they accept cards and the lunch plate was vegan so I don't really know What was on my plate there was a deconstructed salad of cucumbers, lettuce,tomatoes , and avocado that didn't come with sauce but I dipped my lettuce in the bean stew, my friend ate my tomatoes, I ate the cucumbers solo dolo, and I ate my avocado with what seemed like seitan and quinoa and rice, and there were baked plantains and cooked green bananas... I'm still stuffed and I ate like 3hrs ago I can't wait to go back

Cons: $10 Minimum Charge On Card

I believe this restaurant is completely vegan, but they advertise as vegetarian. They serve no meat at all.

Whether vegan or vegetarian, the food is delicious and plentiful! It is a charming, small place. You order your food at the counter from a very nice young man (son of the owner), then you can take it out or sit down and eat it there. There are a couple of counters with a lot of stools to sit at.

I ordered 1 meal and shared it with a friend. It was plenty for both of us. We started out with a yattie (corn), which was wonderfully flavored. It was a tad on the spicy side for me (I don't like any spice at all), but it was so good that I overlooked the spice. Nothing else was spicy.

Every day they have something different. Today, our meal was a heaping portion of quinoa, with sweet plantains, some bean stew, and a delicious "meat". The meat had some carrots and other veggies with it. It also came with a slice of avocado on it, as well as a salad with some really good dressing - a full meal for $10. It was FAN-tastic!

This little restaurant is super-clean. In fact, the news did a report on restaurants last week and they kept raving about how clean this one was. The owner is meticulous and takes a lot of pride in his restaurant! It's on a main street (NW 7th Ave/441) just a little south of 135th Street (on 134th), and just seconds off of I-95. You can't miss it - a small, stand-alone building with a red awning.

I loved my meal here and was happy to find this place. I will be back very soon to try something different. If you are a vegetarian in Miami looking for some good eats, or even if you're a meat-eater, give this place a try.

Pros: Delicious food, Prices very reasonable, Clean, clean restaurant

Cons: Food served in Styrofoam

Return to North Miami Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Konata's Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4278 times since May 2011.