First Review by Julie R

beyond expected - Edit

Wow! Pleasantly surprised with this place's authenticity, warm welcoming from the guy in charge, great quality and information available about everything in the store! Don't be afraid to ask, they'll be more than happy to answer :) Price may seem high, but it's totally worth investing in your health than suffering sickness for an unhealthy lifestyle, and then also undergoing the stress of paying what could've been an avoidable medical expense ;)

Pros: Cozy, Authentic, Fresh

Cons: Can't think of any...

Hidden Gem - Edit

Stopped in for lunch and immediately fell in love. Awesome decor, very friendly service, large portions, and all vegan!!! The space was clean and well-maintained. It's counter service in a to-go style. Tried the mango guava juice and the yatties as well as a lunch plate. Wish I lived nearby, I'd be a frequent customer for sure.

Pros: All Vegan, Friendly Service, Cool Ambiance

Cons: Limited Parking, Styrofoam Containers

Great food and vibes! - Edit

I requested that this listing be corrected -- Konata's is totally vegan, not just vegetarian! And more importantly, it's fantastic! The food is hearty and flavorful, and I've even taken two meat-eaters here who both said that they would've been fooled had they not been told that they food was vegan. Notably, I usually am not a fan of soy-based dishes, but Konata's is an exception -- they prepare their seitan in a way that's out of this world! I've had it stewed with plaintains, flavored by coconut...so so good! Also, the restaurant is laid-back and totally unpretentious, as are the staff, and the price is right -- $10 for the meal, which rotates daily (another plus for me -- I love fixed menus). Some of the best vibes in Miami! My only complaint is that they serve the food in styrofoam containers even if you eat-in...they should get something biodegradable, I'd be willing to pay a little more to at least have that option!

Pros: Amazing vibrations!, Perfect cleanliness and safety rating

Cons: Sort of in the middle of nowhere, Served in styrofoam even if you eat-in

This place is amazing. - Edit

The food is amazing! You can taste the passion and wholesomeness. Another amazing fact is that Konatta has not failed one health inspection yet! He keeps his kitchen tight. I recommend this place to anyone, vegan or not.

Also, you MUST try the TRILLA!! It's a concoction of herbs and fruit with no added sweetener.

The TRILLA IS KILLA!

One Love.

Pros: Reasonable price, Clean, Wholesome

Delicious - Edit

I honestly wasn't paying much attention to the man who was speaking to us after he said they accept cards and the lunch plate was vegan so I don't really know What was on my plate there was a deconstructed salad of cucumbers, lettuce,tomatoes , and avocado that didn't come with sauce but I dipped my lettuce in the bean stew, my friend ate my tomatoes, I ate the cucumbers solo dolo, and I ate my avocado with what seemed like seitan and quinoa and rice, and there were baked plantains and cooked green bananas... I'm still stuffed and I ate like 3hrs ago I can't wait to go back

Cons: $10 Minimum Charge On Card

FANTASTIC - Edit

I believe this restaurant is completely vegan, but they advertise as vegetarian. They serve no meat at all.

Whether vegan or vegetarian, the food is delicious and plentiful! It is a charming, small place. You order your food at the counter from a very nice young man (son of the owner), then you can take it out or sit down and eat it there. There are a couple of counters with a lot of stools to sit at.

I ordered 1 meal and shared it with a friend. It was plenty for both of us. We started out with a yattie (corn), which was wonderfully flavored. It was a tad on the spicy side for me (I don't like any spice at all), but it was so good that I overlooked the spice. Nothing else was spicy.

Every day they have something different. Today, our meal was a heaping portion of quinoa, with sweet plantains, some bean stew, and a delicious "meat". The meat had some carrots and other veggies with it. It also came with a slice of avocado on it, as well as a salad with some really good dressing - a full meal for $10. It was FAN-tastic!

This little restaurant is super-clean. In fact, the news did a report on restaurants last week and they kept raving about how clean this one was. The owner is meticulous and takes a lot of pride in his restaurant! It's on a main street (NW 7th Ave/441) just a little south of 135th Street (on 134th), and just seconds off of I-95. You can't miss it - a small, stand-alone building with a red awning.

I loved my meal here and was happy to find this place. I will be back very soon to try something different. If you are a vegetarian in Miami looking for some good eats, or even if you're a meat-eater, give this place a try.

Pros: Delicious food, Prices very reasonable, Clean, clean restaurant

Cons: Food served in Styrofoam

Return to North Miami Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Konata's Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.