Kona Natural Foods - Healthways II

Contact 808-885-6775

67-1185 Mamalahoa Hwy (at /on Big Island), Kamuela, Hawaii, USA, 96743

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe and health food store. Serves some vegetarian food. Hwy19 to Waimea, turn south on Lindsey Rd. 100 yards on the right.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by amcwilliam

Glad to find their prepared foods - Edit

We were disappointed at the lack of vegan options at the Lilikoi Café nearby and were grateful to find an abundant prepared foods department at the local natural foods store. We enjoyed a freshly made wrap and a salad from the refrigerated case. It’s a good place to stop for a fast, healthful meal.

Cons: Seating is inside the store

good idea, bad food - Edit

I was so happy to see a vegetarian store, with a restaurant, in Waimea (across the road from my hotel). I had food there on two days. Both times the soup was simply awful. The ingredients sounded great, but they were both really oily. I missed the tofu breakfast burrito on the first day, so I arrived early the next day for what sounded great. But, the breakfast tofu burrito left me with an awful, lingering, bad taste and upset stomach. Nothing I had there was good. I don't think I'm that picky. If you want good veggie food in Waimea, go up the street a mile to Tako Taco.

I was so disappointed. Such a great idea, such good sounding foods, but so terribly made.

Pros: nice people

Cons: bad food, lingering queasy feeling

Return to Kamuela Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kona Natural Foods - Healthways II closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1900 times.