First Review by MitziTant

Fastest fresh vegan snack in Vienna! - Edit

This place is different. Just what a vegan tourist wants when traveling. To try new and unusual vegan fare. So from a distance this looks like any other dodgy Turkish fast food outlet with too much red plastic and Coca Cola in the fridge except it has a big vegan sticker on the window!! There is only one option on the menu and it's a treat especially at 3euros (£2.50) a go!
They take a large round pita bread, smear one side with a dark spicy nut mixture that has the consistency of peanut butter blended with dates. Then chives, spring onion, lettuce , lemon juice and some thing else is added before it is all wrapped up in a roll and exchanged for cash! The lemon and the herbs lessen the spiciness of the meal and you won't need to eat again till dinner!
Ideally I would add some humous or tahini cream to the mix but I recommend this heartily anyway.

Pros: Quick, Tasty, Cheap

Cons: Only one option, Not organic, Sells coca cola

Deliciously Different - Edit

It's rare these days to find something that you've never tasted nor heard of before. Cig Köfte were one of those rare occurrences for me. I live cose to this place and after it opened I walked by dozens of times without even noticing that it's vegan! I think all the red in the exterior threw me off. When I finally tried one of the wraps I was blown away. I love the nutty flavors with the sweet pomegranate sauce.
Now we have gotten the big 5€ or 10€ Cig boxes a few time for picnics with friends.
In my opinion they are a way better deal than the 3€ wraps.

Pros: Unique , Great Taste

Cons: Wraps Are Quite Small

Probably best for to go in Vienna - Edit

Cigköfte is great! Normally made out of raw meat this seasoned variation is made out of hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, chili, bulgur and 21 different spices. Very tasty in my opinion.
You don't have many dishes at choice though. Only a wrap with cigköfte or cigköfte on a plate; both option are served with salad, pickles, celeriac, pomegranate sauce and squeezed lemon.
Cigköfte can be also bought sheer to go. Besides there are only a few sweets and (non-vegan) cake.
The owner (?) was very friendly and attentive and explained cigköfte to me. Also I was offered a small bit to try.
For a quick snack to go a wrap is perfect.
It also supposed to be rich in vitamins and low in calories.

Pros: very inexpensive, tasty, friendly staff

Cons: bit far off downtown, not much coice

Inexpensive vegan fast food! - Edit

They sell vegan "Cigköfte", turkish meatballs (usually from raw meat). Their version is made from differen sorts of nuts (walnut, hazelnut, almonds), bulgur, and different herbs and spices.

Very tasty and super cheap! A wrap is 3€ and on every 15th of the month you get 50% more than waht you paid for! :)

Pros: very inexpensive, very tasty

Cons: not suitable for ppl with nut allergies, shop isn't the cosiest

Return to Vienna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Komagene closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2158 times since Sep 2012.