Koko Kitchen

Contact 801-364-4888

702 S 300 E, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84115

Serves meat, vegan options available. Quick sushi eatery with many vegan suitable choices not marked but visible on menu.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by MarzipanBreadLoaf

most authentic Japanese in Salt Lake - Edit

If you enjoy Japanese food, go here today! Lots of vegan options, and at a great price. Seriously the menu is LOADED with choices and I don't think you could go wrong. I've been here a handful of times, my favorite is the teriyaki tofu bowl and the miso soup. It makes a really light and filling lunch for cheap! Recommended this place to a Japanese friend and now he goes at least twice a month.

a good place! - Edit

the weird hours and small demeanor might seem a little off but the food is worth it! i had the oinari, while my partner had the udon. both were awesome and under $10 each. i did not like the yakisoba, the spices were off, but the amount of other vegan items was nice. the wait can be long, but the decor is charming!

Pros: good portions, nice variety, well labeled

Cons: long wait, weird hours

It's just OK..... - Edit

I went here for lunch. As I walk in, I notice a giant menu board with several different options. I scan it and don't see any vegetarian/vegan options right off, or symbols to clearly indicate those options. It just seems to be a lot of meat. I asked the lady at the counter, and she says that they can make some of their items vegan. She suggests the curry noodles or the teriyaki tofu. I tried the smallest plate of teriyaki tofu. It was inexpensive, and was a bowl of white rice, some vegetables, and a small pile of brown colored tofu on top with teriyaki sauce. The texture of the tofu seemed to be straight-from-the-package mushy texture. I don't really mind this texture, but when I go to a restaurant I sometimes expect them to grill, fry, or do something a bit different to my tofu besides soaking it in some soy or something to change the color. The taste of the dish was OK, but not great. The good thing about this place is that they have a great outdoor seating area, it is located close to downtown, and I was full at the end of eating my meal for less than $5. The service was also pretty fast. As I was leaving, I noticed a separate menu for the restaurant (maybe their old menu?) with several green leaves to mark their "vegetarian or can be made vegetarian" meals. If you go here - turn around to leave and you'll probably see it on the wall. The menu that is huge and seems to be their main menu above where I ordered was vast and confusing and didn't seem to cater to vegetarians/vegans at all.

Pros: Outdoor seating, Inexpensive

Cons: Confusing huge menu, No vegan choices clearly marked, Majority of dishes include meat

Japanese Food at a deal - Edit

I like this place. It is right on corner and probably often overlooked. They have many vegan options and the price is super reasonable. It's adorably small feeling. But surprising large with indoor and outdoor seating.

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Koko Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1006 times since Jan 2013.