Koffie Engel

Sonnenallee 206, Berlin, Germany, 12059

A vegan cafe and sandwich shop offering locally roasted coffee, freshly made-in-house sandwiches, waffles and more. All food can be prepared for take-away. Opens as well in the evenings or at weekends upon personal agreements and for events. Open Tue-Fri 10:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Ninahawaii

Cozy and Lecker - Edit

I Like the place a lot and the waffle was out of this planet. You have to visit it if you are in Berlin.

amazing little place... - Edit

A friend and I ended up stumbling across this little gem while we were staying literally a few doors away. The food was delicious (and really cheap!) and the lady serving us was really friendly with a wealth of information about where to go in Berlin. Will definitely be back when we come to visit! Thankyou :)

really sweet spot - Edit

This place was so unexpectedly great. It took me six months to be bothered to go out to Sonnenallee and I regret that now - the place is a real gem.

The food is delicious, healthy, homemade, and so cheap! (€3 only, and the waffle is €2.50). They have a soup, some bread options like pitta, burgers, and toasts, the Spelt waffles, and a monthly communal breakfast (also only €3 all in).

They have a nice selection of (clipper) teas and coffee, and offer soya milk. Seating is limited and decour is minimalist, but it's enough :)

The best thing though is the staff - such lovely and friendly people, bilingual, but they saw I wanted to practice my German so they helped me with that which was so appreciated!!!

Honestly I recommend everyone go here. I'm so pleased - who says vegan needs to be expensive and/or junk food? This might be my be my new favourite vegan spot in Berlin!

Pros: cheap, friendly staff, taste

Cons: location, could have more seating space but wasn't actually

Super-friendly, and tasty food - Edit

I can't remember what we were doing down in Neukölln, but we were glad we dropped in to Koffie Engel – note the Dutch spelling :)

It's a small place, more suited to take-out really but with a couple of tables for the option of eating in, and the staff are very friendly.

The coffee was great, the sandwiches were fresh with home-made fillings (we were given a small complimentary pot of one of the fillings, which was lovely), and we also had a waffle with cherries and cream, which was beautifully presented.

Everything was cheap too, so well worth the price! It's very near to Sonnenallee S-Bahn station.

Pros: Very friendly, Very tasty, Low prices

My new fave! - Edit

Hello to the all Vegan communities!

I recently wanted to try the Koffie Engel place. And I can say this adress is one to keep in my booklet! You really feel welcome. The owner is lovely, and the menu she propose is very tasty, and for a very normal price too. I mean it's not expensive at all. It's always good to know a good spot to go for a little "casse-croute" What else I could say? Hum, you should just try, and then you will add what I miss to say. You have hot drink, cold or hot sandwiches. Dessert if you like Waffles, and I just love them. Gourmant and delicieux, it's the too words I will defenitly use to talk about the Koffie Engel.

Pros: Lovely and super nice owner., Tasty and Delicious., Affordable. Inexpensive

Cons: nothing, nothing, No washrooms.

So schön! So nice! - Edit

Tolles kleines Cafe mit sehr netter Besitzerin und tollem Team.

In S-Bahn und Bus Nähe.

Sehr leckerer Kaffee, tolle Soothies und fabelhafte kleine Gericht; Preise sehr moderat.

Wie schön, dass es die Koffieengel gibt, immer wieder gern!

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Koffie Engel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.