Koffie ende Koeck

Contact 0207372731

Haarlemmerweg 175, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1051

Cafe offering breakfast and lunch, and sweets in the afternoon (cinnamon rolls, muffins, brownies). Since 2014. Open Tue-Fri 9:30am-5:30pm, Sat 10:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Bakery

First Review by BrusselSprout

Good, but quite pricey! - Edit

Very out the way! And quite hard to find, only takes cash as well! And the nearest cash point is quite far away! Brilliant food! We had the vegan cake and breakfast!

Pros: Lovely food!

Cons: Very out the way, Quite expensive , only takes cash

gentle vegan cafe with cute atmosphere - Edit

We were few days ago in this cafe in Amsterdam. The owner is a young friendly vegan lady. We ate some sweets and had a soup. The cafe is in a nice outskirt of the city near an old factory which now is a culture center. The food was OK, the service was good. If you are in the area I would consider to take a cake there.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-08

Pros: friendly staff, cute place

Cosy cafe - Edit

This cafe is in a nice spot and is super cosy inside. The cake was delicious and we also had some sandwiches for lunch which were simple but tasty.
The drinks are also great and everything is presented really nicely.

Pros: selection of cakes, good drinks menu, cute interior

Fabulous Vegan Sweets and More - Edit

If you love sweets and are vegan, this is an absolute must. Since my husband and I are vegan and have been so since 1991 and 1990 respectively, we have not had high tea. Yet, now we can! We loved the high tea service, that included scones, cupcakes, cheesecake, sandwiches and much more. The owner is warm and welcoming and the environment is cozy and pleasant. This is a wonderful place for a terrific ambience and delicious vegan food.

Pros: Delicious Food , Good Coffee and Tea, Friendly Service

The best of Amsterdam - Edit

Koffie Ende Koeck is my absolute favourite vegan place of Amsterdam. If you're just visiting it might be a little way out for you but it's really worth making the journey (it's an interesting and beautiful area also). The menu is quite small but changes regularly and has some good breakfast options, some different sandwiches for lunch (on home baked sourdough bread) and different cakes, cookies and pies made every day (you can check their social media to see what they've got on that day). They also have smoothies, good coffee and really good teas. The staff are absolutely lovely and the atmosphere is really cute and homely.

The food though, that is the main thing, it is absolutely great. I've tried all the different sandwiches and they're fab, so many interesting tastes and made fresh and warm right there for you (my favourite is the Smokey One) and the cakes are always to die for. The cakes change every day and If you come during Great British Bake Off season you may even get that week's technical challenge. I've put a photo of a passion fruit merange pie up which was frankly, witchcraft.

Don't hesitate, just get your ass down to Westerpark.

Pros: Delicious food, Lovely atmosphere, Friendly staff

Cosy Coffee and Cake Place - Edit

Nice and helpful staff. Food was very good, some of it too sweet for our taste (but we rarely eat sweet stuff). The place has very nice interior, perfect on rainy afternoons.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, cosy atmosphere

Cute vegan neighbourhood café - Edit

I went here for lunch, around 12:30pm. The café is a little bit outside the city centre, but is accessible via tram. It wasn't overly busy when I was there, but there was a steady trickle of customers. There is a nice selection of breakfasts, sandwiches and cakes, as well as teas, coffe and chai drinks.

I took a seat outside and ordered a smoked tofu and mayo sandwich, with a choco chai. The sandwich came on nice dark wholemeal bread with crunchy vegetables and a garlicy vegan mayo. The combination tasted like coleslaw and was really delicious with the smoked tofu. The choco chai was also lovely.

The service was prompt and friendly, there was free wifi and the cost was about average for a vegan lunch in Amsterdam. A sandwich and a chai, along with a lemonade and a blueberry muffin to take away cost €15.70.

Pros: All vegan, free wifi, delicious food, friendly ser, Nice selection of teas, coffees and chai drinks

Awesome - Edit

I visited this place a while back and still remember just how kind and welcoming the staff were.

The cakes look really delicious and would like to re-visit again to try more, we definitely enjoyed the smoothies as well.

At the end, we weren't able to use our cards to pay... then a regular client of theirs were generous enough to pay for us, in between sorting out payment!

Great places attract great people :)

Cozy breakfast/brunch place - Edit

Had the croissants and the granola with soy yogurt. Pretty good. I wanted to try the sandwiches but because we were there early morning at 10am the bread wasn't baked so couldn't try. coffee was ok but I have pretty high standards for coffee. friendly staff

Pros: breakfast options are good

Cons: maybe go a bit later than 10am and also they have

Lovely place - Edit

A very nice place :-)
All foods we tried tasted delicious, also the coffee specialities and juices. The sandwiches are based on very delicious bread - something special in the Netherlands; -)
Very welcoming people and a lovely decorated place. You also can sit outside.

Brilliant - Worth Finding - Edit

Although very busy, the ladies behind the counter were welcoming.

The drinks were very, very good.

The cakes were sheer heaven, and substantial in size.

Worth getting the bus (21?) from Central Station.

I would recommend that a dog shelter was set outside, as the coffee shop was too small to accommodate the dog that came in.

Pros: Cakes had clever recipes, Drinks were unusually good., Lovely people serving.

Cons: Small, Dogs would be best outside.

Really Good, quiet place to eat - Edit

The portions of the breakfast and lunches are big which I really appreciate. I had the oatmeal/banana/maple syrup. You really get a big bowl of oatmeal and they don't skimp on the banana either.

The restaurant is quieter than most restaurants. One of my favourite vegan restaurants in Amsterdam

Marvelous cafe - Edit

Really charming little place with a variety of sweets and savory foods, and the owner is the sweetest person ever! My husband and I had two sandwiches, the smoked tofu and the one with cream cheese and jam, and both were amazing. We then tried 3 different cakes, chocolate, carrot and can't remember the name of the third, but they were all delicious, moist, creamy well served pieces. Will DEFINITELY come back when in Amsterdam.

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Koffie ende Koeck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.