Koffie ende Koeck

Contact 0207372731

Haarlemmerweg 175, Amsterdam, Netherlands, 1051

A vegan and organic cafe offering savory options for breakfast and lunch and sweets for the afternoon (cinnamon rolls, muffins, brownies). Cozy atmosphere, opened Mar 2014.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Bakery

First Review by vegagut

Cosy Coffee and Cake Place - Edit

Nice and helpful staff. Food was very good, some of it too sweet for our taste (but we rarely eat sweet stuff). The place has very nice interior, perfect on rainy afternoons.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, cosy atmosphere

Cute vegan neighbourhood café - Edit

I went here for lunch, around 12:30pm. The café is a little bit outside the city centre, but is accessible via tram. It wasn't overly busy when I was there, but there was a steady trickle of customers. There is a nice selection of breakfasts, sandwiches and cakes, as well as teas, coffe and chai drinks.

I took a seat outside and ordered a smoked tofu and mayo sandwich, with a choco chai. The sandwich came on nice dark wholemeal bread with crunchy vegetables and a garlicy vegan mayo. The combination tasted like coleslaw and was really delicious with the smoked tofu. The choco chai was also lovely.

The service was prompt and friendly, there was free wifi and the cost was about average for a vegan lunch in Amsterdam. A sandwich and a chai, along with a lemonade and a blueberry muffin to take away cost €15.70.

Pros: All vegan, free wifi, delicious food, friendly ser, Nice selection of teas, coffees and chai drinks

Awesome - Edit

I visited this place a while back and still remember just how kind and welcoming the staff were.

The cakes look really delicious and would like to re-visit again to try more, we definitely enjoyed the smoothies as well.

At the end, we weren't able to use our cards to pay... then a regular client of theirs were generous enough to pay for us, in between sorting out payment!

Great places attract great people :)

Cozy breakfast/brunch place - Edit

Had the croissants and the granola with soy yogurt. Pretty good. I wanted to try the sandwiches but because we were there early morning at 10am the bread wasn't baked so couldn't try. coffee was ok but I have pretty high standards for coffee. friendly staff

Pros: breakfast options are good

Cons: maybe go a bit later than 10am and also they have

Lovely place - Edit

A very nice place :-)
All foods we tried tasted delicious, also the coffee specialities and juices. The sandwiches are based on very delicious bread - something special in the Netherlands; -)
Very welcoming people and a lovely decorated place. You also can sit outside.

Brilliant - Worth Finding - Edit

Although very busy, the ladies behind the counter were welcoming.

The drinks were very, very good.

The cakes were sheer heaven, and substantial in size.

Worth getting the bus (21?) from Central Station.

I would recommend that a dog shelter was set outside, as the coffee shop was too small to accommodate the dog that came in.

Pros: Cakes had clever recipes, Drinks were unusually good., Lovely people serving.

Cons: Small, Dogs would be best outside.

Really Good, quiet place to eat - Edit

The portions of the breakfast and lunches are big which I really appreciate. I had the oatmeal/banana/maple syrup. You really get a big bowl of oatmeal and they don't skimp on the banana either.

The restaurant is quieter than most restaurants. One of my favourite vegan restaurants in Amsterdam

Marvelous cafe - Edit

Really charming little place with a variety of sweets and savory foods, and the owner is the sweetest person ever! My husband and I had two sandwiches, the smoked tofu and the one with cream cheese and jam, and both were amazing. We then tried 3 different cakes, chocolate, carrot and can't remember the name of the third, but they were all delicious, moist, creamy well served pieces. Will DEFINITELY come back when in Amsterdam.

OMG!!!! - Edit

OMG!!!
This place is awsome :)
The best place to eat amazing food in Amsterdam. I miss it so much.
They have delicious cakes and their sandwiches are a true heaven.
I was truly amazed with this place. It's small, quiet, warm and cosy.
And their soups are also great. All the thing they have are delicious.
Please please visit them... and the staff is so friendly that you don't want to ever leave the café.
Oh and their cappuccino is magnificent!
I love it! The best place to it in Amsterdam.

Best vegan food in Amsterdam - Edit

I am nearly every week in Koffie ende Koeck. I love this place, everything tastes so amazing. I think I tried all of their sandwiches and was never disappointed, very creative and everything homemade, even the sourdough bread. The cakes are amazing too, they really know how to bake a good vegan cake! Don't miss their croissants! I really recommend to visit this place with your omni friends!

Pros: Amazing baked goods, Nice personnel , Good prices

Phenomenal! - Edit

Just loved this place

The lady who prepared and served was sooo friendly and sweet. very loving and hospitable.

the food (we went for the tea set which was a no brainer) is a vegan's dream come true. the sweet stuff was outstanding and the savoury sandwiches were to die for! so creamy and uniquely flavoured.

My husband who is a hard core non-vegetarian cannot stop raving about this place and didn't mind going again!.

We didnt make reservations and just popped in, and thus of course, they took a long time to prepare the stuff for the three of us, but I am so glad! cuz the waiting only made us hungrier and thus we were able to enjoy the food even more! please do go there on an empty stomach. we were starving but at the end of it, we still didnt finish the food.

Cute plus Quality - Edit

This is a gorgeous little café almost next to a large park, making it a brilliant option for a treat after a walk or run. After trying a brownie and muffin I was tempted to try and buy a recipe! The coffee is high quality and as the poster below me has written, the lemonade is great, with a really strong flavour. I am yet to try a savoury item, but they always look fresh and appealing. Would definitely recommend.

Pros: quality, location, friendly staff

Cons: closed Sun and Mon

A Fine Place For Lunch - Edit

We are staying near Central Station and walked through Westerpark on our way to the cafe - nice walk. We split a sandwich and had lemonade and ginger beer. It was excellent but the desert was better yet. I had the chocolate cake and my wife had apple pie along with coffee. It was an excellent vegan lunch in pleasant surroundings and friendly staff. Visit, you will enjoy.

Pros: Great food, Well run Cafe , Friendly staff

Great vegan food and drinks - Edit

A cute vegan cafe with nice drinks and great sandwich options.
The hot chocolate was very nice and beautifully presented. My gf and I both ordered sandwiches that were tasty, especially the corn cracker sandwich with avocado and pepper sauce!

Pros: Completely vegan, Sandwiches

Cons: Early closing time

Delightful - Edit

This is the kind of cosiness you simply want to bottle and keep for ever. An utterly delightful place set gorgeously on a corner of a gorgeous canal lined street bordering Westerpark. Once inside you could just melt with awe as the cakes and other vegan delights are visible on the counter, Get a window seat if you can, you'll love it. Seating is limited at approximately 10-12. It's all vegan and you can get some decent sandwiches as well as beautifully presented cakes. We had a huge slice of chocolate cake to share. It was sublime, nice and light with a really tasty filling and icing. €2 will get you a coffee and €3-4 a piece of cake. They also do a London Ritz style bumper high tea where you can indulge in a stack of sandwiches and vegan sweet and savoury delights at €19.95 per person. I can imagine that being a long but enjoyable sitting. It was definitely worth the 25 minute walk from iDock to get here.

Pros: very cosy, friendly, cakes

Amazing Afternoon Tea - Edit

Koffie ende Koeck was just around the corner from where we were staying, near the lovely Westerpark, and we went there for afternoon tea after emailing a few weeks in advance to book. It was the best afternoon tea I've ever had! For one thing, it's a lovely little cafe -the decor is really attractive and makes a cosy, comfy atmosphere. And the staff are super friendly and helpful and served everything at a nice relaxed pace, so we weren't rushed along.

And then the food - it was delicious! The savoury plate included sandwiches, savoury scones and granola. Then there were lots of cakes: bounty bar, chocolate brownie, lemon cake, banana upside down cake and a rose petit-four. Everything was delicious, we had no complaints at all. The gluten free cakes were just as moist as the others, which isn't always the case in my experience.

I can't recommend this place highly enough, I'd go back in a flash!

Pros: Good value for money, All vegan, Great staff

Yummy! - Edit

we walked over 40 minutes to find this place, and I'm so glad we did!
A lovely and cosy little coffee shop with lovely staff.
I had a bowl of porridge, which was the best bowl of porridge that I have EVER eaten! My husband had a baguette with cream cheese roasted peppers and rocket and a little slice of a lavender/lemon cake.. delicious!
Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: lovely staff! great for a light bite

Cons: could have more food options

What a nice place to visit - Edit

Lovely place near the Gasfabriek area in Amsterdam, which on its own is worth a visit. We had the Duivels Broodje with cream 'cheese' and the Rokerighe Rakker with tofu. You can choose if you want it on a baguette (1 euro extra) or sandwich bread. The baguette takes a little longer because they finish it baking before they put the spreads on it. We also had Chai with Hazelnut milk and cappuccino. We decided to take the special treat with us so we would have something sweet and vegan during our stay. It was with rice, caramel and other heavenly ingredients but I cannot remember the name only that is tasted divine.

Pros: completely vegan, nice staff, nice location

yum! - Edit

I've been here twice in a fairly short time, so that says something. The first time I had a sandwich and my son had a brownie. My son ended up eating both... and when I asked him if he liked, he answered with: YUM!!! I cuouldn't agree more.
The last time me and my friends went for some coffee and cake. The chocolate cake was exactly what I want from a chocolate cake: moisty and sweet and big!

Pros: Good coffee, Good food, all vegan!

all vegan cafe - Edit

This was our first stop upon arriving in Amsterdam and it was a great way to start the day. We had a cappuccino and latte along with a slice of rosewater cake and coconut rum cake. Yummy! And we shared the smoky tofu sandwich. So so good! We took a cinnamon muffin to go as well. The staff was friendly and the café was cozy. We greatly enjoyed ourselves and wish we could have gone back again.

Pros: all vegan cafe, delicious cake and sandwiches, cozy and friendly

Nice + cozy - Edit

A wonderful, small, all-vegan coffeehouse. I didn't have a chance to taste the savory options yet, but the sweet ones I had so far - like the cinnamon role with coconut butter - were really good. The place is nice and cozy and the staff very friendly. I guess I need to get back soon to try the other options!

Pros: good food, cozy atmosphere, friendly staff

Amazing - Edit

There are only a few vegan places in Amsterdam, and even fewer cafés. This place is amazing.

We had a latte, a "smoky one" sandwich with tofu and vegan mayo, and a tomato tapenade sandwich. Everything was perfect.

The barista even recommended some places for us to check out in the city for dinner and lunch!

Pros: Entirely vegan, Delicious food and drink, Wifi

Cons: The electric plugs far from the seating area, and

Amazing vegan place! - Edit

We had breakfast in this small cute vegan café. The place is nice, the staff is friendly and helpful. You feel good in there. We took a vegan cappuccino and a chai latte. Both were nice and accompanied of a coconut biscuit. We then took the yogurt with granola: amazingly creamy (like real cream cheese)!, some bread with aioli, tapenade, olives and oil (very nice!), a croissant (just cooked) with jam and coconut butter and a "petit four de l'amour". Everything was delicious with generous portions. We also took away some of their sandwiches: they were great too!

I really loved that place. It could be nice to have the same more close to the city center.

Pros: all vegan and great food, friendly staff, nice place

Cons: location (far from the city center)

Delicious Traditional Dutch tea house - Edit

What a wonderful traditional dutch tea house/cafe...everything on the menu was vegan. We only had afternoon tea here... I had a chai latte and my husband hot chocolate. Both came with a lovely biscuit on the side. I had the vegan chocolate/nut cake which was rich, creamy & delicious. We look forward to going back again for lunch. The cafe is opposite lovely Westerpark.

Pros: Traditional Dutch warm atmosphere, Well presented, delicious cakes, Owner very welcoming, and friendly

hooray for vegan tiny biscuits!! - Edit

Throughout my holiday in Amsterdam last week I had to hand over the little biscuits that came with my coffee. I was thrilled to go to this place where I could finally steal the one that came with my boyfriend's drink instead, and it was delicious. And then the owner brought him another one and he said it was far better than any of the other little biscuits :)

We started by having the smoked tofu sandwich with pickled vegetables, which was quite drippy from the dressing but tasted very nice. It was maybe a little highly-priced for what it was but it's all organic and locally produced bread so I guess you pay for that.

I was very pleased with the beautiful apple pie we shared (which had some other fruit in as well, but apple was the main flavour), and the brownie was suitably rich and delicious.

Like a previous reviewer, our debit cards did not work, however the owner said it was okay for us to pay cash, so that was a bit awkward but okay in the end. She also let us try the test results of a spinach pie recipe she was working on, which I thought would make an excellent addition to the high tea offering.

We really enjoyed our visit and then had a lovely stroll around the park opposite to work off some calories!

Pros: Lovely cakes, Friendly owner, Nicely decorated

Cons: Says only accepts card payment

Lovely little café - Edit

Visited in May 2014 for lunch. Lovely, nicely-decorated small place with a good range of coffees, teas, a few savouries, and cakes.

It was really nice how much care the woman working put into everything. The food was a bit slow to arrive, but when it did it was clear why - the food was really well presented, very pretty with nice garnishes, etc., especially the tasty polenta quiche, and sticky chocolate brownie. The cinnamon roll with blueberries and coconut oil was wonderful!

Only down-side is that they only accept cards, no cash. Though if your card doesn't work for some reason, as our British cards failed to work, they were fine about this and accepted cash.

One great thing for us is that they have Fentimans drinks in stock! Living in Berlin, we still haven't discovered where to buy them, so we were very pleased to see them available here. Only downside is that they had no Dandelion and Burdock, but the Cherry Tree Cola is more than good enough :)

Pros: vegan cinnamon rolls, nicely decorated, friendly service

Great tiramisu cake! - Edit

Very nice lunch/tea room. Cozy, friendly and the food is great. Everything we had tasted good, the tiramichai (tiramisu cake with chai) was the best cake I ate since I visited Berlin a year ago. I certainly will come back.

Pros: Great cakes!, Cozy

Delicious - Edit

I am so happy to be the first person to review this place. I went there this morning, and had a deliciously fresh sandwich of smoked tofu, home-picked vegetables and vegan mayo.
Polenta quiche was also fantastic, so light and flavoursome, completely changed my mind about polenta...
The fennel, apple, lemon and mint juce was also delicious. A real revelation.
Amazing selection of vegan pastries. Settled on a cinnamon swirl, which was perfectly sticky, sweet and cinnamony.
Decor is nice and cosy.

Pros: Delicious, Friendly, Stylish decor

Cons: Service could get quicker

Return to Amsterdam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Koffie ende Koeck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 14393 times since Mar 2014.