First Review by Pam Riley

My first vegan mole - Edit

As the menu was not so clear on what was vegan and what was not, I asked the waiter to help me. He proposed tortillas filled with beans and covered with red mole sauce. I added one avocado and found it very good. The papaya juice was perfect and huge. I appreciated that it was not necessary to mention without sugar. I wonder though in what extent they can veganize their mostly vegetarian menu.

Pros: Service, Tasty mole

Cons: Windy terrace

The gem of Cholula! - Edit

Absolutely wonderful find! I was served by a young kid named "Jade" who was practicing her English with me and it was super cute. It is very close to Cholula's pyramid with the church on top. They graciously made food when a friend and I came in right before closing and as well they serve pulque which I had totally wanted to try. This is a definitely Mexican hippie-vibe type of place, and they completely understood veganism and catered to me. Excellent experience! Note: they also sell handicrafts as well as Mexican DVDs.

Pros: beautiful building, beautiful staff , earthy mexican hippieness, they serve yummy juice!

Cons: maybe hard to find, look for the sign, closes early

Great find! - Edit

We were thrilled to come across this wonderful little restaurant; nothing else in Cholula compares. The artfully prepared traditional cuisine is delicious and uses fresh, local ingredients. The manager, Israel, is very friendly and happy to make recommendations. He is an exponent of "slow food" and healthy eating. He creates complex and tasty moles and salsas. We ate here three times and without exception everything was delicious.

Pros: excellent food, healthy options, creative

Cons: limited hours

Return to Cholula Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Koatlikue Pachamama closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1143 times since Mar 2011.