CLOSED: Kitty Corner Cafe

612-424-2323

806 Washington Ave SE (at Oak), Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, 55414

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family owned business established in 2013 serving only waffles and paninis. Mostly vegetarian with a few non-veg items. Vegan choices are clearly listed with ingredients that include Daiya cheese and Tofurkey slices. Gluten-free available. Donates a portion of profits to non-kill animal shelters. SEP 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by EverydayTastiness

Delicious Vegan Belgian Waffle - Edit

What a great find. The menu is tiny and offers just one vegan item per breakfast and one for lunch, but they seem to be the most popular things on the menu! Everyone else in the store was eating the vegan panini or vegan waffle! I got the waffle, with a coffee (no extra charge for soy milk), and both were wonderful.

The store is tiny and decorated with cat-themed artwork that was very cute and tasteful. It was run entirely by one woman who was kind and helpful. I wanted to give 5 stars because this may as well have been a vegan restaurant.

vegan waffles! - Edit

It opened in 2013 and is located in the stadium village neighborhood next to the University of Minnesota campus.

It’s not a large place with only five tables, but as you walk in the delicious smell of waffles and Panini is inviting you in. It’s decorated with lots of cute kittens on the wall and drawings of cats. Cat people will enjoy it, but we didn’t come to admire the art. We were there for the food.

I ordered the vegan love waffle which is a large waffle folded in half like a taco and filled with sweet tastiness. The filling was a mix of vegan dark chocolate, bananas, chopped walnuts, and sliced strawberries. The whole thing was drenched in raspberry sauce and then dusted with powdered sugar. Yum!

My wife ordered the vegan Panini which had roasted red pepper hummus (my favorite kind), vegan mozzarella cheese, and peppered tofurkey slices with some spinach and tomato to finish it off. It was very savory. We both really enjoyed the Panini as well.

We were happy with our order. We spent just under $20 for two cups of tea, the waffle, and the Panini. We like the fact they have options for various diets omnivore, vegetarian, gluten-free, or vegan (Thanks!). There is something at Kitty Corner. We will be going back as finding a vegan waffle or Panini can be a bit of a pain. I liked both of our dishes so much, I’m torn which to get next time we go back; they were both so good. I'll just have to get both.

Pros: vegan friendly, waffles

Cons: parking

Return to Minneapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Kitty Corner Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.