Kittichai - Ehrenstr

+49-22127263840

Ehrenstr 81, Cologne, Germany, 50672

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai kitchen & bar with several outlets. Option for vegan rice and noodle dishes marked on the menu, other dishes on request. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-11:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-11:30pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by mon1que

Don’t Judge A Book By It’s Cover - Edit

We visited Cologne for the Christmas markets, but after flying from the UK, then getting a train to the City by the time we’d arrived it was 22:00 on a Sunday night and most restaurants were closed.

Kittichai was one of the few places that was open, and we read some positive reviews on here and Happy Cow so headed along.

I’m not going to lie, when we arrived I nearly didn’t go in - it’s decor was more bar-like and it was playing some terrible (and pretty loud) house music. It was a little offputting.

But we were starving and decided to grab a table regardless, and I’m so glad we did.

The food was so good. Freshly cooked, tasty and HUGE portion sizes. 4/6 of us in the group were vegetarian and there were loads of great vegan and vege options.

The only downside to the experience was that nobody greeted us when we walked in to the place. There was no acknowledgment from the staff whatsoever, and the staff just stood talking behind the bar. (We actually thought they might be closed) it wasn’t until my Girlfriend approached them and asked if we could get a table that they showed any interest in us. It was a bad start to the meal.

The service from then on was pretty good though I must admit.

But anyway, in the end everyone in our party left full, content and in agreement that we’d found a little gem. If you love Thai food I’d highly recommend this place.

The best Thai in Cologne - Edit

Only one vegan starter on offer, however, there's quite a few vegan main dishes to choose from. The portion is huge and the service is lightning fast (I usually get my dish in 3 to 5 minutes from ordering), so there's no need to go for the starter anyway. All the vegan options are clearly labeled on the menu. My favourite one is the one with the peanut sauce, but the curries are also very nice. It's the best place to get Thai in Cologne, with 3 locations to choose from.

Pros: Delicious vegan meals, huge portions, Super fast service, Reasonable price (8 - 10 EUR per main)

Return to Cologne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kittichai - Ehrenstr closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.