Kippo

+358-44-3292324

Forum Shopping Center, 3rd floor, Mannerheimintie 20, Helsinki, Finland, 00100

Vegan sandwich shop with a selection of smoothies and juices. Everything is made to order and served in compostable packaging. Has patio, free Wi-Fi. Reported to be 100% vegan, Dec 2015. Open Mon-Fri 10:30am-8:00pm, Sat 11:00am-7:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Pitaya

Delicious paninis are always welcome - Edit

This is my second visit to this lovely sandwich place. It is situated in a mall so the seating is accordingly but they do everything for take-away and all their containers are compostable and recyclable. This time I tried the Zohan with cashew cheese and a bit of chili ( previously I had the Johnny Cashew and Chili the Kid, both with Tofu) and was again very happy with the taste and the quality of the food.
The sisters who run the place are lovely and welcoming.
I'll be back for the rest of the menu.

Very tasty sandwiches! - Edit

Everything here is vegan! I had a sandwich with cashew cheese and it was to die for. Very mustard-y though. Bread here is really nice and crispy. I didn't give five stars for the lack of coffee.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Expensive, No coffee available

Good over all - Edit

Food is good!

Updated from previous review on 2017-03-28

Pros: Good value

In the forum centre - Edit

If you are wandering around on Yronkatu looking for the place you will be very puzzled.

Great sandwiches with unusual fillings and the option to have cashew cheese. Lots of avocado. Strange smoothies - all very healthy.

Pros: Healthy and tasty

Cons: Didn't seem to serve coffee.

Tasty food - Edit

They have so delcicous sandwiches and also the smothies are healthy.

Best Sandwich I've ever had. - Edit

This place has the best vegan Sandwiches I have ever eaten in my short vegan life. They have a variety of options and combinations and the staff is really nice. Wish they had a place like this back home. :)

Great for a quick bite in the middle of the day - Edit

Great sandwiches! Entirely vegan, all dished are rather small but well created. Unique flavor and great service. Will definitely come back for more!

Pros: All vegan, great service, really quick, efficient

Cons: Rather small portions. A bit expensive, but worth

Sandwiches, smoothies, and juices - Edit

100% vegan place. Good sandwiches, smoothies, and juices. I wouldn't consider the sandwiches a main meal as they're not very big. The sandwiches are 7.8€ or 9€ gluten-free, and smoothies also in the 7-8€ range. So it's a bit pricy but it's good and the service is fast and staff is nice.

Pros: 100% vegan.

Cons: On the pricy side.

great stuff - located topfloor forum shopping center - Edit

Glutenfree option available
Really nice to have these vegan options available

Pros: vegan healthy clean good service

Cons: selections limited

Amazing vegan paninis - Edit

I took my little brother here last summer. He was first joking about my veganism, but then he became more interested and curious, so I wanted to encourage him by taking him somewhere all-vegan. I believe we both had the Johnny cashew -panini, and it was great! My brother said that if all vegan food was like this, he might consider it... definitely a success!

Pros: All-vegan, Central location, Tasty

Cons: A bit pricey for paninis

Delicacy in the heart of Helsinki - Edit

I had an amazing sandwich (Johnny Cashew) and green smoothie at this wee vegan place in Forum. The vegan cheese used in the sandwich was amazing and the sauce had a pleasant garlic taste. Service was fast, well presented and the general price was affordable for Helsinki, regarding the quality.

Only pity is that it is inside the shopping mall, but it wasn't too crowded during weekday and it is situated close from an exit, which makes it convenient.

Pros: Quality sandwich fulling you with lovely products!, Amazing smoothie!, Friendly staff!

Cons: Shopping mall

I love this place! - Edit

Great little vegan spot hidden away in the Forum centre, offering sandwiches, smoothies and coffee. The Zohan (hummus, rucola, apple, ginger, avocado with tofu and chili sauce on toasted bread) is incredible. I know it's hard to get excited about sandwiches but this place is really good. Lots of sandwich choices with optional fillings like cashew cheeze and spicy tofu. Really worth seeking out as a good, inexpensive lunch spot in the centre of Helsinki.

great fast food in the mall - Edit

This was perfect for a day we were out and about sightseeing. It was conveniently located near the train station in the Forum Mall(Floor 3). Small menu with everything you would want. Was hard to choose. The menu is in English. It doesn't say on the menu, but everything is vegan. They offer "panini" sandwiches. Everything is made to order. We had the Sir Pesto with Mozzarella and Chili the Kid with seasoned tofu. They were both yummy and satisfying. They offer a combo of sandwich and juice with a 1.20 Euro discount. We had the Pluto(Mango Ginger) and Cobra(spinach and lemon). Liked them both! They were busy. Great concept, which I hope catches on and we see locations around the world.

Nice - Edit

A good place for having a quick and tasty vegan lunch.
They have differents sandwiches, smoothies and juices.
They also have gluten free bread.
It is a bit expensive, considering that is a sandwich place in a mall, but it is still Helsinki.

Pros: Friendly staff, Quick service, Tasty food

Cons: Sandiwich could be bigger

loved it! - Edit

I had the zohan sandwich. It comes with avocado, hummus, appel, ginger, rucola and tofu. and I took a coffee with oatmilk. I liked it a lot.

Pros: in the mall, yummy

100% AWESOME - Edit

Absolutely amazing flavours. Over the course of this week I tried the Aloha, Mr Pink, Sir Pesto and the Zohan sandwiches. And the Hippie juice. They were so delicious! I highly recommend a trip for lunch, dinner, picnic, snack or anytime!! Without any doubt in my mind I can confidently say the best sandwiches I ever tasted.

Pros: all vegan, great range, quick and easy

Good! - Edit

Small place located inside a mall. It has six different sandwiches to choose from and a variety of smoothies and juices. I had the Johnny cashew and it was delicious. Kind of small but still filling. 8 euros is an ok price.

Pros: Good food, Central location

Cons: Noisy surroundings (foodcourt)

Excellent Sandwiches and Service - Edit

When I approached this order-at-the-counter restaurant, I had a feeling I was going to love the food. I noticed the hot presses to cook the sandwiches, and the ingredients looked fresh and tasty.

My intuition was right! What a great tasting sandwich! Based on a recommendation, I ordered the Johnny Cashew, made with their own special cashew spread, roasted veggies, vegan cheese and a special sauce. Delicious!

So great to see a great little vegan restaurant in Helsinki! I will be back!

Pros: Great vegan samdwiches

Return to Helsinki Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kippo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.