Kingsland. Healthy Vegan Restaurant

• Friend
Contact 02-62629350

Shop 5 Dickson Plaza, 67-69 Woolley St, Dickson, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, ACT 2602

Kingsland's menu features a range of vegetables, tofu, soy seafood and soy meat dishes, some crunchy entrees and ice cream desserts. Dishes are served with more salad and vegetables. Live music and karaoke occasionally, suitable for party function up to 70 persons. High chairs provided for children. Located in Canberra Chinatown area, under current ownership since Apr 2010. Open Tue-Sun 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Western, Asian

First Review by MrHappy

Great little gem - Edit

A great place to eat for vegans, vegetarians and non-vegs alike! I've taken a lot of my non-veg friends here and all of them enjoyed it. It's tucked away in a corner in Dickson and many people aren't aware of it. I always recommend it!
The interior decor is a little dated and rough, which can be a turn-off, but don't be deterred. The food is awesome, staff are friendly and service is quick even when it is busy.
They have a lot of faux meat products which are surprisingly tasty, and I'm personally not an overly huge fan of meat replicas.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-15

Pros: Awesome food, Quick service, Friendly staff

Cons: Dated interior decor

Great Mock "Duck" with US Embassy Friends - Edit

A longtime vegan, I came through Canberra for two days to visit omnivore friends at the US Embassy here. We ordered a bunch of different dishes; my amazing dish was the #62 "Roast Duck" - crispy strips of roasted soy "duck" drizzled with a special pepper sauce and served on freshly sliced lettuce. The restaurant doesn't serve alcohol but is very accommodating about BYO from another store in the same mall.

Updated from previous review on 2016-10-30

Pros: Delicious food, Extensive menu, Friendly staff

Cons: No alcohol served (BYO only), Bare bones atmosphere

Always good - Edit

I go to Canberra every Summer to visit family and always have a meal at Kingland. I must have been there more than a dozen times in the last decade. It is Asian cookery with mock meat which is not to everyone's taste, but for those who like this style of food it is a delight. Of course, they offer tofu and vegie dishes if you aren't into mock meat; but the mock meat is what I go there for. he chicken drumsticks (made from bean curd skin, wrapped around a piece of bamboo and then fried) is the best thing ever. The golden curry dishes are superb as are the noodle based dishes. I usually prefer fish but I've also tried the duck, pork and chicken here. Never once had a bad meal, and am looking forward to my next visit in December.

Pros: Cheap, Delicious, Staff are great

Cons: Is in Canberra

Best vegan food in canberra! - Edit

Kingsland has the best vegan food in Canberra!

They have a huge menu that is clearly labelled with gluten free options as well. They have a great range of vegan gluten free entrees which was a lovely surprise!The crunchy wontons, dumplings, veggie crackers and dim sims were amazing.

All their ingredients are plant-based and natural. Absolutely none of their ingredients come from any animal.

They have a huge selection of mock meats for those who enjoy them.

There is something for everyone here even if your not vegan!

i highly recommend visiting if your in Canberra!

Pros: A huge menu, Friendly staff

Fake Chicken Love - Edit

My meal was amazing and the soy chicken pieces were absolutely delicious. I also ordered the drumsticks and they came out looking exactly what you have come to expect from a chicken drumstick and they could easily have been mistaken as real. The complimentary tea was also highly appreciated.

Travel Oasis - Edit

Love love love this place - have eaten here multiple times and I would almost come back to Canberra just to order the crispy mushroom balls! I have to travel with work to Canberra frequently and always try and make it here if I can :) have taken non-veg friends here and they loved it!

Visitor in Canberra - Edit

We got takeaway after a long drive, it was so yummy! Very friendly service, cute eating area too. Both the corn and wonton soups were delicious, but my fav was the sweet and sour 'pork', SO GOOD!

Pros: All vegan

Kingsland Vegetarian Restaurant - Edit

As a long term Canberra resident I alway chose to eat out in Kingsland. On our farewell from Canberra to Hobart we have invited our friends for 2 days in a row to the Kingsland restaurant. They all have been extremely happy with the service and the meals. I have known the owners of the restaurant for a very lang time. They cook and prepare the food to perfection.
The food is excellent, affordable and the service is friendly. I wholeheartedly recommend Kingsland.

Pros: very good food, friendly service, affordable

Cons: some dishes may take a bit long, not to mention, not to mention

Excellent food, atmosphere, staff and menu! - Edit

Recently converted vegetarian and am adjusting to the idea of becoming vegan. However, kingsland has shown me that vegan food can be and is really really delicious and enjoyable! I really look forward to the days that I know I will be having dinner at kingsland as it has a nice environment with friendly staff and a lovely chef! The restaurant is kept well and tidy and has a homely feeling. The menu is super affordable everything I have tried has been extremely tasty and enjoyable. Hot and sour soup, salt and pepper prawns, chicken or mushroom balls and roast duck are definitely a must!!!! On tuesdays and wednesdays if you spend over $30.00 you receive a 20% off discount which is definitely beneficial to your pocket and just unbeatable in food quality and restaurant prices! Definitely recommend it to anyone skeptical of vegan food as kingsland will convert you! happy vegan eating!

Pros: Healthy , Affordable, Delicious!

Great vegan cusines - Edit

We go to Kingsland every time when we feel lazy to cook at home and want to have a few healthy and tasty dishes for a change. The food is great! We enjoyed the salt and pepper soy prawn and hot and spicy rendeng, there are some nice healthy vegetable dishes. This place is certainly a totally vegan recipe including some gluten free, certainly one of the best vegan restaurants.

Pros: Healthy food, good price, friendly staff

Best vegan meals - Edit

Excellent choices for vegetable and mock-meat dishes here. The food is tasting, fresh, cheap and delicious. It's my favourite place to go for a banquet and to introduce vegan diet to family and friends.

Highly recommended. Must try!

Updated from previous review on Saturday April 18, 2015

Pros: Good value, Nice staff

Beautiful food & lovely atmosphere - Edit

My hubby, son & I come to eat at this amazing restaraunt once every couple weeks. It is hands down one of our favourite restaraunts to go to, our friends love coming here too. The food is very tasty & clean, we always feel nice & full afterwards. The staff are very friendly and always make us feel welcome. Will recommend this great place to anyone, must try!

Disappointing Vegetarian Meals - Edit

Recently to Canberra, so went to try out very famous Kingsland (went there many years ago was good). Ordered Hokkien Noodle and Flat Noodle(Char Keow Teow)....so much pepper and had ? ginger in both dishes. Flat noodles still stuck together. Does not taste like Hokkien Noddle & Char Keow Teow at all. Staff very friendly.

Pros: Easy to find, Staff friendly, Easy car park

Cons: Disappointing meals

Best - Edit

My boyfriend and I go here for dinner at least once a week! Its a haven for people who like a quiet, fast, delicious vegan meal!! The people who work there are so beautiful, I had my 21st birthday dinner there, it was perfect and everyone was so full and were so supprised at just what you can do with vegan food! I ended up hugging all the chefs and they stayed open late for us! I have never had a bad experience there even before the new management! THANK YOU KINGSLAND!!

Excellent - Edit

The Kingsland Restaurant is without doubt a Master of Vegan Food.I actually had to ask the waiter twice if the Beef Rendang was actually vegetarian, and was stunned to find out it was. The fish dish was outstanding! We had the B Banquet with many courses and all 4 of us left full and satisfied, and they even gave us Jasmine Tea for free, all for $68! No I do not work for the owners, I'm just letting the public know, this restaurant is a winner!

Pros: Excellent food, friendly staff, healthy food

Cons: Should look like a Buddhist temple

Return to Canberra Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kingsland. Healthy Vegan Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.