King John's

+44-1249730313

21 Church St, Lacock, England, SN15 2LB

Serves meat, vegan options available. Quintessential British pub in touristy Lacock. Has vegan options on the afternoon tea menu with sticky fruit and nut flapjacks labelled as vegan as well as any drink being available with soy milk.

Category: Lacto, British, Non-veg

First Review by VeggieFromSpace

An Accident Gone Right - Edit

This find was a complete accident. On a day trip to Lacock with family and friends the group (which consisted of all non-vegans apart from me) decided they wanted afternoon tea. We saw a sign saying secret garden next to a pub so we followed the path to find a beautiful traditional English garden with plenty of decked seating. An afternoon tea menu was available and the staff claimed afternoon tea is what they are most popular for. I was expecting to sit sipping on a boring herbal tea but was shocked to see the word vegan standing out on the menu. They had one vegan cake- the fruit and nut flapjack (labelled) and also soy milk available for any drink listed! Was it the best flapjack in the world? No, not at all. But did it make me enjoy the day more? Yes, yes it did. It's amazing how now even just random little finds with no pre-research can have labelled vegan options: it's 2017 people we are in for a treat!!!!

Return to Lacock Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has King John's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.