KindKreme - Echo Park

• Other
Contact 877-985-5463

1700 W Sunset Blvd (at Logan), Los Angeles, California, USA, 90026

Opened in March 2011, this is a specialty gourmet ice cream shop that features hand crafted RAW ice cream, all of which are dairy-free and soy-free. Most flavors are vegan except ones containing honey - just ask. Offers a full menu of treats including waffle sandwich, banana split sundae, fresh juices, smoothies, blended drinks, and cold pressed coffee. The ingredients used are mostly organic, and the to-go ware is biodegradable. Shares the same space as Sage Organic Vegan Bistro.

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

Ice cream craving? No problem. - Edit

Kindkreme has always had my best interest at heart when it comes to variety and ice cream. They start with a coconut base and experiment out with amazing flavors like; Almond Butter & Jelly, Durian, Superfood Chocolate, Dulce De Leche, Oatmeal Raisin, etc etc. The options change daily. Their menu is also filled with shakes, toppings and a banana split that I have had my eye on for a while.

Pros: Variety, Healthier Ice Cream Option, Parking

Cons: Price, Seating, Wish it was open later

Great place! - Edit

I love their raw options!! Their ice cream is tasty, but ask if it includes honey. Great service and quick with the turnaround.

Pros: Great food, Great service, Great raw options!

Cons: may include honey in icecream

YUM - Edit

I am in love with Kind Kreme. They have a lot of yummy flavors to choose from (some contain honey) and you can get a sample to try out any flavor. My favorite flavor is probably a tie between babycakes and coconut. This kind kreme location is inside of Sage Bistro which is a convienient dessert. This is the best raw, vegan ice cream ever! It is also quite healthy!!

KindKreme - Edit

KindKreme was pretty great, and it made for a good dessert following my meal at Sage. I tried a few flavors but found that the chocolate flavors were really the best, we ended up with a scoop of chocolate peanut butter ice cream and a scoop of oatmeal cookie ice cream -- the latter of the two was just OK. Thank you to KindKreme for giving me a free scoop of ice cream for my birthday too! We'll be back.

Delicious ice cream - Edit

I went to this place on a day Scoops was closed, and it was really good. I didn't think it was as good as Scoops, but still really good.

If you handed their ice cream to someone on the street, they wouldn't know it was raw/vegan, so that's a compliment.

Can be a bit pricy, but you're paying for quality, in my opinion.

Pros: Mostly vegan, Non-dairy, Very tasty

Cons: A bit pricy

Delightful - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my review.

My husband and I had wanted to check out this Kindkreme Echo Park location as well as the Sage Vegan Organic Bistro that also occupies the same space. So we stopped in for lunch and dessert. We were very pleased.

After our meal from Sage's kitchen (delicious), we walked over to the raw "icekreme" bar and sample several of the day's flavors - the flavors rotate and vary from day to day. I would have liked to try the waffle sandwich, but I was just too full from my lunch. My husband got a scoop of the "vacation" flavor (vegan, with chocolate, coconut meat, vanilla), $3.99. I got a bag of honey almond munch (like wafers), $4.00.

I like Kindkreme raw ice creams. They use high quality ingredients and the taste is YUM.

Pros: interesting variety of flavors, large vegan treats menu, friendly

Cons: maybe uses agave - ask

ice cream waffle sandwich!!! - Edit

As Kind Kreme is located inside Sage Vegan Bistro, we were handed their menu along with Sage's when we sat down for brunch. Dirk ordered an iced dirty Chai from their menu to go with our meals (which were fantastic). While waiting for our food to arrive, we checked out their counter. There's cakes and truffles as well as ice cream. All the flavors today were vegan with no honey. Yay! Lots of yummy flavors to choose from, but we both wanted the coffee nib. We ordered the ice cream for the waffle sandwich and they brought it out for us for dessert. Oh so good! I'm drooling still thinking about it. Their ice cream is so smooth and creamy with just the right amount of flavor. It's also convenient to get everything together on one bill between the two places if you are eating there too although they are located right inside the front corner if you want to just pop in for ice cream. I can't wait for our next trip here!

Pros: waffle ice cream sandwich, inside Sage Vegan Bistro, friendly people

Return to Los Angeles Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has KindKreme - Echo Park closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1093 times since Feb 2011.