Kin-Lum Vegetarian

Contact +66-841700259

199/36 Chang Klan Rd, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 50100

Vegetarian Thai food restaurant, opened Dec 2013, in the same block as Che Om Bun, on the other side of the block (taken from next alley south). Food is made on the premises. Choose from around 60 different dishes, including appetizers, first and seconds, main courses, and desserts. 20-30 seats. Free Wi-Fi. Located in the same alley as Empress Hotel. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Thai

First Review by arisberna

Just OK - Edit

I hate to give a less than stellar review, but I was unimpressed. The restaurant is very clean and tidy and the staff friendly and speak good English. The tom yam soup was unfortunately bland despite asking for it to be spicy and the fresh spring rolls contained slightly wilted lettuce. Maybe I came on a bad day? On the bright side, they do have an extensive menu, and it seems like they try to use lots of fresh produce in their dishes.

Pros: Clean, large menu, good English, pleasant staff

Cons: Some dishes bland

Best veggie restaurant in Chiang Mai! - Edit

This place is great value for money and the food is always fresh and delicious. The dishes are made to order with so many vegan and veggie options. We ate here like 4 times in a week because the food was so good. The owners are so friendly, always smiling and speak great English. They asked if we want the air-con on as soon as we sat down. The place is very clean and you can really notice that they care about providing a good experience. Don't miss it if you're in Chiang Mai!

Great place - Edit

Excellent menu - too much for a vegetarian to choose from.

Had the pumpkin curry and brown rice as a main and the mango and sticky rice as a desert.

Washed down with a banana shake.

All very tasty and well priced.

Great Food - Edit

We ate here a couple of days ago and we are already going back. The owners were lovely and had great English, very easy to communicate if you are vegan or have allergies, and the food tasted fantastic. The place was very busy when we arrived so we had to wait for our food a little longer than normal but the food was well worth the wait and half hour wait on food wasn't a big deal for us.

Pros: Great tasting food, Very affordable Burgers, lovely owners with great english

Cons: small wait for food

Best vegan restaurant in chiang mai - Edit

We've been to all the top vegetarian joined and this one is the best. Try the brown rice salad and mango sticky rice

Pros: Made to order great tasting food , Friendly accommodating staff, No English barrier

Cons: Not close enough to my home :)

Highly recommended! - Edit

Enjoyed it here very much.

Only pros and they work up to 10 pm!

Immediately when we entered the place they turned on the a/c (we were first visitors). Very clean, bright and cozy place with 5 tables. Couple of friendly ladies who run the place are very accommodating and English speaking. They cook and serve by themselves. Food is fresh and tasty with a decent amount of food on the plate.

We had couple of burgers with one French fries replaced with a salad which came out very good sized. Burger is tasty and much much better then from recommended everywhere dada cafe (which is ridiculously not good and small at the same time). Kid was very happy with his mango sticky rice. Only good memories about this place.

Will pay more visits for sure.

Pros: Working hours, Staff, Clean bright place

Wonderful - Edit

Our dinner here was superb: mushroom satay and deep fried banana blossom to start, pumpkin curry and vegetables steamed in a banana leaf basket to follow. All for 320 baht
Flavours clear, strong, well defined and balanced, everything our previous night's meal wasn't. Kin-Lum proves healthy food doesn't need to be boring.
The lady who runs it was super charming and helpful too - we need to get a taxi out to the countryside after dinner, and she arranged for someone to take us.
Well worth making the effort to go to

Pros: Well thought out food, Charming staff, Good ambience

Cons: A little off the beaten path

great food - inexpensive - Edit

All great dishes, 1 appetizer, 4 meals, 1 desert and two bottles of water was 470 baht. Penang curry was great, veggie spring rolls also good. Mango sticky rice was nice. Service friendly with good English. Recommend.

worth the walk - Edit

Was on the way to Alice's organic raw cafe but when I got there I was not going to pay the prices on principle, so I got the happycow app to work and found this gem of a place. It's just off the main road and they did not have music playing so it was very peaceful, extensive menu, good portions, good prices, very clean, nice and cool with air con set at perfect temperature, lovely staff. Had to wait a little for the food to arrive but really didn't mind as I'd had a long hot walk, I heard the owner ask another table if they were vegan so I'm assuming if you say yes they alter the dishes to comply with vegan. Highly recommend this lovely little cafe.

Pros: extensive menu, great prices, delicious food, very

Cons: cannot find fault at all!

Very good Tom Yum soup - Edit

We had two Tom Yum soups, one with coconut milk and one without. Both were very good! We asked for extra rice noodles inside and it was no prob. Very friendly staff. My "a little" spicy was not the same as theirs but that was fine :D

Pros: cheap and tasty

Delicious! - Edit

I had spicy mushrooms which were delicious but incredibly spicy. My partner and I shared the rice paper rolls which were the best we've had in Thailand so far.

Pros: Delicious vegetarian food., Nice simple and quiet restaurant. , Has wifi

Cons: A little tricky to find the restaurant.

Pretty Good - Edit

The food served up here is pretty good. They do use egg though and even cheese in the odd thing so tell them if you are vegan, they understand. The wide range of dishes is pretty impressive and includes Thai and western dishes from starters, curries, salads, spaghetti dishes and desserts. Includes some rare and interesting things like mushroom satay and tofu steak. Only negative thing is the decor is a bit stark and plain. You cannot buy alcohol here but you can bring your own should you want it.

Pros: Wide range of dishes, Decent portions, Tasty dishes

Cons: Cold decor, Not vegan

fresh clean flavours - Edit

Amazing food. The mushroom salad was a real stand out, so too was the pumpkin curry. We will definitely be frequenting this great little restaurant. I can highly recommend eating here.

Pros: made to order, fresh food, understand vegan

Great find - good food - Edit

Been here 3 times now - great food. Quiet restaurant, but worth finding and eating at. Friendly owner, good/quick service, and good value. All the dishes we've ordered include rice which is nice - many other restaurants charge extra for rice. Penang curry is AMAZING!
Will eat here more often now that we've found it......

Pros: Great food, Quiet restaurant, Friendly owner

Cons: Off the main road., Strong smell of spices when you walk in

Enjoyed my meal - Edit

On the small way leading to Empress hotel, this small eatery provided me with delicious meal. I was the only customer and the food was cooked to order. I will come here again if possible and will definitely recommend this place to others. I had mango passion fruit juice, spring rolls, and cashew nut with bell peppers which came with brown? rice all for around 150B, and I finished it all.

Pros: delicious cooked to order, not many tourists

Cons: a little walk (15 mins from center), egg used have to ask

Delicious Thai Food - Edit

Small comfortable restaurant serving Thai food at very reasonable prices.
I went twice and had Kao Soi, Pad Thai and various fruit juices. No frills, just straight up good, flavorful food. The lady that cooks is delightful and friendly.
I used the Happy Cow app and it took me to an Italian Restaurant, very close to Kin-Lum Vegetarian ( just on the opposite side of the big events' building inside the parking lot).
Highly recommended
The only con is that if the a/c is not on your clothes will smell like food, since everything is prepared right there.

Pros: food, price, service

Fine new option just near Empress Hotel - Edit

This is indeed a fine option: a small, veggie, nice restaurant near the Empress hotel, just a few steps away. The nice lady serves good veggie food, all freshly prepared at small prices. In my opinion the Empress hotel should hug this lady and promote it a bit as soon as veggies have booked a room in the fine Empress hotel.

Pros: pure veg, freshly prepared, clean and friendly

Cons: no beer

Great food, great staff. - Edit

I eat here regularly and have never been disappointed. The food is made with super fresh ingredients and they do not skimp on the veg like some places. The restaurant is incredibly clean and well maintained unlike some of the older places in town. The green curry is one of the best I have ever eaten and the vege burger is a massive bargain, 80 baht and comes with chips!

Pros: Fresh and tasty, Great value, Friendly staff

Amazing vegetarian Restaurant - Edit

Kin-Lum Vegetarian is one of the best vegetarian restaurant I had in Thailand and one of the best in Chiang Mai.

The place is brand new (opened in December) and It's really trendy and clean! The restaurant is not to be big, around 25 seats!

Working there there are two really sweet and friendly ladies, who cooked us really great food!
We went there three times and tried a big variety of dishes and they were all delicious! Already the second time, they were really happy to see us and greet us with laugh and big smiles!

They also have fresh smoothies, fruit cocktail, and other normal soft drinks!

I highly recommend to any vegetarian/vegan in Chiang Mai to visit them. If you stay in the city few days, you will go back twice :)

Pros: Best vegetarian in Chiang Mai, Lots of variety and all Fresh Food, Excellent service

Return to Chiang Mai Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kin-Lum Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3737 times since Jan 2014.