First Review by HenryCow

Ahora es Vegano - Edit

Muy ricas las entrantes. La hamburguesa muy buena.
No es barato pero si que se nota la calidad. La atención muy buena.
Hay menú de día.
El camarero me dijo que era todo vegano en la carta no estaba indicado por lo que pensé que algunas cosas eran vegetarianas y no las pedí. Así que volveré sin preocuparme ya que es todo vegano dijeron.

Pros: Calidad. Y que es vegano

Cons: Caro

Ok - Edit

Kimpira does have an English menu now, but dishes aren't labelled as vegan, you have to look at the allergens. I had the kimpi burger, which had the word "vegan" in the description, so I knew it was a safe bet! The patty was quite thin, but tasty, and it was topped with a few onion rings - very exciting! The yuca chips were really good too. My partner had some kind of Indonesian dish which we thought would be a sandwich, but actually turned out to be a salad, a papadum and a tower of tempeh and sweet potato. It was a bit of a weird concept.

I wouldn't hurry back here - my burger was nice, but the service wasn't the friendliest and I think there were better options in Valencia.

Pros: Nice vegan burger

Cons: Staff not too welcoming/friendly

Very tasty but serves fish - Edit

The first thing to note is that the name of the restaurant here is wrong. It's actually called "Kimpira" (not Kimpara).
The restaurant only describes itself as "organic" on the signage, and there are at least two fish dishes on the menu. I was slightly confused initially because I was convinced that on Happy Cow it had been listed as veggie/vegan (not just veggie-friendly).
There were only 2 in our party and we arrived just as it opened at 8.30pm. There was no-one else there but the waiter looked rather perturbed when we said we hadn't reserved (I had tried to phone earlier in the day but just got an answerphone message - presumably because they were shut!) He pointed us to a table for 2 right in the corner and we assumed that they must be almost fully booked. Clearly not the case - when we left at 10pm, there were still half a dozen tables empty!
Anyway, the food! There is no English menu so we did a lot of online translation but worked it out in the end.
I had a starter of yuca bravas (basically, imagine patatas bravas but made with cubes of yuca instead). Delicious and huge. I then had the spelt spaghetti with oat cream and mixed wild mushrooms. Also delicious and huge! My friend had two starters - miso soup and then, um, sorry I've forgotten but it was vegan. She said both were lovely.
The online menu is slightly shorter than the printed menu and it's on the printed menu that the "Fishbuerger" appears. There is also a fish dish on the kids' menu. I was going to ask them if it was a fake fish made from tofu/seitan perhaps but completely forgot.
It's worth a visit definitely.

Menu (in Spanish) is here: http://kimpira.es/nosotros/

Updated from previous review on Sunday January 24, 2016

Updated from previous review on Sunday January 24, 2016

Pros: Organic ingredients, Loads of vegan options, Nice ambience

Cons: Serves fish, Relatively expensive

Not vegetarian but most dishes vegan. - Edit

Expensive but tasty. However the service is poor, one starter never arrived (except on the bill!) I'd almost finished my main course when my partner's main course arrived.

Pros: Food tasty

Cons: Service, Expensive

Mostly Vegetarian Macrobiotic Restaurant - Edit

Nice place closer to Valencia City hall. It is not a truly vegetarian as include some fish dishes on its menu. It has a daily menu (vegan) for 13,5€ including two dishes (no options, it is what it is) , dessert and a kukicha tea. All food is macrobiotic and mostly recollected at their own farm. You can also have some organic drinks (like spelta beer) or soja milk with your coffee.

Pros: Good Quality And Really Good Food, Quick Service, Nice Personnel

Cons: Limited Menu, Not Many Dishes, Daily Menu Has No Options To Select, Not Completely Vegetarian

Great for veg. and non-veg - Edit

Went there with my girlfriend on our first night in Valencia. Kimpara wasn't on happycow's list at the time and my gf found it on yelp. We both had great meals with good service. We ate outside and it was very nice atmosphere in the street at night. (Kimpara is inside the old city.) I'm vegetarian but the gf is an omnivore and we both liked the food (and wine!) a lot.

Return to Valencia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kimpira closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2586 times since Jul 2014.