Kimia

+45-42-48-98-23

Blagardsgade 2, Norrebro, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2200

Small and cozy basement vegetarian cafe with vegan options. Serves brunch, sandwiches, wraps, hot and cold drinks with soy milk option. Also has cake and biscuits. Located on a cosmopolitan street that has several other vegetarian, vegan-friendly and raw cafes. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Brunch

First Review by Marga Delila

Nice! - Edit

Probably the spiciest brunch I ever had, but it was amazing - especially the tahinn!

Ruined by the owner smoking at the next table! - Edit

Kimia serves very tasty vegetarian food - there's no doubt about it!

My experience was destroyed however, by the restaurant owner sitting at the table next to me outside and smoking a cigarette! I wanted to leave immediately, but as the meal wasn't particularly cheap and I had really just begun eating, I tolerated her awful stench! Then the waitress handed me several slices of bread using her bare hands, all the while busy talking on her mobile phone. Hmnnn...

A caution - if you sit outside at the table near the window, do NOT drop anything as there's wide-gapped grill below the seat bench falling into a deep basement from where I was assured with a firm grip to my arm that I could NOT retrieve anything should it fall in! Nice!

The toilets are a bit improvised too - the cubicle with a light was clogged up with brooms, buckets and mops, and the cubicle in darkness has a plastic bag tied around the tap spout - heaven knows why, and with no paper towels for hand drying! 'Seems very strange to me that such creative care and effort goes in to serving tasty, healthy food but the rest of the place is a half-hearted and loveless improvisation!

Cons: Smoking staff, Improvised toilets, Risk of losing items

The coziest place - Edit

I had lunch there once, the food was really tasty and the staff was just awesome. I came back for tea later the same day and even caught a great pocket concert by Ida Kudo.

Pros: fair prices, vegan cookies, lovely staff

Kimia - a cozy spot - Edit

My original plan was to visit Café N, that has been recommended to me, but it was too crowded for me, so I opted for Kimia - not a disappointment.

I had some (quite filling!) crackers with homemade tahini, tomatoes and greens, and it was delicious.

Friendly service, wi-fi and free water (not a given in Denmark). Will return for brunch when I can.
Updated from previous review on Monday June 16, 2014

Updated from 4 to 5: I had the chance to visit for brunch and I was not disappointed. Brunch is vegetarian by default, and a vegan option is not on the menu, which I think they should definitely update, because what she combined for me was absolutely delishes, and I will definitely be back again. I wish they would make it all vegan though.

Also, I'd like to add how friendly the service was - very big plus!

Pros: Not crowded, Fresh and good food, Wi-fi

Cons: Few vegan options

Good coffee - Edit

Just had a coffee but love it. Seating indoors and outdoors. Nice staff.

Pros: Coffee

Return to Copenhagen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kimia closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.