Killer Poboys

Contact 504-252-6745

219 Dauphine St, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 70112

Serves meat, vegan options available. A New Orlean style sandwiches poboy restaurant with something not often seen in poboy shops--vegan poboy that aren't French fry poboys. The choice changes from time and to and might be a roasted sweet potato & greens poboy or roasted vegetables poboy. Relocated from 811 Conti St. Open Mon-Tue 12:00am-12:00am, Mon 12:00pm-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am, Thu-Sun 12:00am-12:00am.

Category: American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Beagle Mom

Great vegetarian & vegan options - Edit

Poboys include roasted cauliflower, roasted sweet potato, whiskey grilled cheese. Sides include vegan collards and other choices. Very tasty!

Pros: Tasty

Cons: Few veg options among traditional Poboy choices.

Poboys for vegans - Edit

It's always great to come across a place that offers a veganized version of a local favorite. In this case, I was happy to find a roasted sweet potato poboy. The sandwich was tasty and really hit the spot after a few beers. And given the convenient location at the back of a bar, I could continue enjoying the local brews as I munched on my Killer Poboy. My only complaint is that the sandwich is a little on the pricey side for what you get. But to be fair, this place is smack in the middle of the NOLA tourist vortex, so what should I have expected?

Pros: vegan poboy, set in a bar

Cons: a bit pricey

Not Too Welcoming - Edit

Appreciated the tips on how to find this place, as there is indeed no sign on the street. Walked through the sketchy bar to a very tight back room that was the restaurant. The vegan menu option was a sweet potato poboy. Alas, sweet potatoes are the only vegetable neither one of us can get past our gag reflex, so we were out of luck. When we tried to check with the man behind the counter as to whether that was in fact the only vegan option, he told us it was one in five (items on the menu), and that we wouldn't find better in New Orleans. We certainly found better ambience and hospitality!

Pros: location, the dream of a vegan poboy

Cons: dark and dive-y, limited options, close quarters

soooo good - Edit

This place is in the back of a bar and there is no sign for it outside but don't miss it! They offer 1 vegan poboy on the menu and it was insanely good. I would eat it again and again. Open till midnight and just off Bourbon Street. Delicious!

Return to New Orleans Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Killer Poboys closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3600 times since Apr 2014.