Kilauea Bakery and Pau Hana Pizza

Contact 808-828-2020

100 Kilauea Rd, Kilauea, Hawaii, USA, 96754

Serves meat, vegan options available. Little spot nestled among the shops in Kong Lung Center, enroute to Kilauea Lighthouse. Pizza, soy cheese, sandwiches, soups, baked goods, coffee drinks, and juices. Will make a pizza with soy cheese (maybe not vegan, need to confirm) upon request. Open Mon-Sun 6:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Juice bar, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by vegtiff

Really good pizza! - Edit

This place had excellent pizza, and was in a perfect location to stop on the way back to our Kapa'a hotel after exploring the north shore for the day. Vegan soy cheese is an option, and there's a ton of different veg toppings to choose from - I had peppers, onion, mushroom, and pineapple (of course). They also have vegan desserts, 3 different kinds of cake when I was there. Seating is mostly outdoors (covered). Located in a little marketplace, you can browse around the shops for 20 mins while waiting for your pizza. Would definitely go back!

Pros: Delicious pizza, that I could actually have cheese, Quiet courtyard, nice atmosphere, Dessert!

Tasty - Edit

Sandwiches, pizza, cold drinks (various fruit smoothies and lemonades) are delicious. Pastries and Desserts looked delicious but didn't have a chance to taste. Pizza crust tastes a little like a hard pretzel (not too hard though). Vegetarian cookbooks on the bookshelf behind the indoor seats.

Pros: Something for every time of day., Indoor and Outdoor Seating, Happy Employees

Cons: Few Vegan Options

Great little gem in Kilauea - Edit

We ate dinner here twice while in Kauai, and it was a cute, friendly little place. The staff were very nice, they had soup, salad, and pizza options that were vegan, and it was all very yummy! They have both indoor and outdoor seating with free Wi-Fi, and even have a library cart outside so you can relax and read a book if you wanted to. I would definitely go back, and recommend it to anyone in the North for a great vegan option.

Pros: Vegan pizza, Friendly staff, Cozy

'vegan' cheese (tofurella) contains casinate! - Edit

I even asked about casein & whey when we ordered. Very snooty, almost too much trouble to serve us. And lied about being vegan. They don't seem to care.

Pros: has soy for lattes

Cons: NOT vegan, bad attitude, no vegan deserts either

dairy free cheese is not vegan - Edit

My husband and I went here while on our honeymoon. We love food, and made the trip to this area especially to get vegan pizza... but when we got there, nothing was vegan unless you special order an entire cake, or get a cheese-less pizza, which I can get anywhere really! We were so disappointed! We got them to make us a salad minus the non-vegan ingredients, and a pizza minus the cheese. The pizza wasn't bad, but it was extremely overpriced and disappointing without cheese.

Pros: nice staff

Cons: NO vegan cheese!, no real vegan options, expensive

Awesome vegan pizza! - Edit

Nice little restaurant with a great vegan pizza along with a few other vegan dishes too! Also have vegan desserts/pastries at times. Will make vegan cakes if you pre-order. Very helpful staff, very willing to check ingredients for the customer. Good pricing too! Well worth visiting!

Pros: Several vegan and vegetarian options, helpful, friendly staff, excellent food

Cons: none that I can think of!

Great place with several vegan options! - Edit

This morning I had the vegan breakfast Stromboli (filled with tofu scramble, spinach and mushrooms), it was excellent! But make sure you get there early because I got the last one before it sold out (I was there around 930am, on a saturday; they open at 6am). I've also had the vegan pizza which was good too! They have a nice little seating area outside to eat.

Pros: Great food, Nice outside seating

Cons: Crowded at times

Return to Kilauea Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kilauea Bakery and Pau Hana Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 863 times since Mar 2008.