Kigo Kitchen

206-805-8846

105 1st Ave S, Seattle, Washington, USA, 98104

Serves meat, vegan options available. Build-your-own stir fry or salad choosing base, sauce, veggies, protein. Has seared tofu and vegan sauces are marked. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by jmz

Pleasant filling lunch - Edit

I walked here from downtown (where my dining companion works) for a quick lunch last week. I usually don't go for the line-style toss-things-in-a-bowl meals like this place serves, but I was pleasantly surprised with a filling and yummy lunch!
Customers order from the menu of bowls already composed on the menu, or a la carte by ingredient. I went for the latter and my dining companion (omni but ordered veg) had something from the menu. Both options were yummy, but I found it easier to keep things vegan by choosing my own ingredients. There were several clearly marked options for sauces, a choice of rice/salad/noodles as a base, and a hearty selection of veggies to add to your bowls to be cooked. I'm not all that squeamish about my meals being cooked in the same wok as non-vegan ingredients but I felt confident that my food was staying isolated from stuff I wouldn't want in it (woks are cleaned and you can see right into the kitchen, but it is busy so there are obviously no guarantees). The portions were generous and the price reasonable for Seattle.
The tables are small and fast foodish in atmosphere, orders are shouted out from the counter when ready, and everything is served in to-go type containers. It's definitely a lunch-and-run place. I have my own fork/spoon/chopsticks/napkin to decrease my eating-out trash and I was glad to have it here. The plastics they use are compostable, I think, but they do use a lot of throwaway items.

Pros: fast service and meal, fresh and tasty, several ways to veganize

Cons: not all vegetarian, everything in to-go containers - lots of trash!

Quick and fresh - Edit

Worked great as a quick lunch break while strolling through Pioneer Square. We each got a build-your-own stir fry so everyone got exactly the veggies and sauce they wanted. The portions are generous for the price, if you're not that hungry two people could split one bowl. They re-use the same wok for multiple orders but do clean it with water and a scrubdown, you could perhaps ask for a fully cleaned wok if you want to avoid any animal product from a previous customer. Their description of spice levels of the sauce seemed accurate -- my 11 year old said the peanut sauce was mildly spicy as described, and the chili citrus I tried was indeed quite spicy. Would have been better if they let the food cook longer in the wok to get a better sear on the tofu and veggies, but they move pretty quick to keep the waits short I think.

Pros: Clean -- not always a given in Pioneer Square!, Made to order

Return to Seattle Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kigo Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.