Kiez Vegan - Kortestrasse

• Vegan
Contact 017693875800

Kortestrasse 20, Berlin, Germany, 10967

Small Turkish deli cafe offering vegan food including prepared salads, wraps, pastries, and bread. Its 1st outlet, est. 2014.

Category: Vegan, Western, Fast food, Salad bar, Middle Eastern, Turkish

First Review by wildfang

My favorite lunch go-to place - Edit

I live around the corner from Kiez Vegan and love to go there for lunch! Everything is so fresh. Salad plates are a delicious mix of 12 different kinds of salads and the small plate is big enough to satisfy me... also the price is right! 5.50€ for a salad plate..you can't complain with that! Also glad all the baked goods are made with spelt flour ...better for me as I have an issue with wheat ;-)

Pros: 100% vegan , Baked goods made with spelt flour!

Super tasty and inexpensive! - Edit

We had a gemuse puffer (fried potato based galette) with three different side salads and a stuffed bread. Everything was really tasty and for 8€50 you can't go wrong. Definitely recommend this place if you're around the neighborhood! We will try to come back before we leave to try other dishes.

great salad - Edit

lovely lunch of soup and salad
soup was so-so, but the salads were awesome. very fresh and zesty, full of flavour and life. good selection - perhaps 12 to choose from?
we also had a bread based thing, but that wasn't so good

Pros: Charming staff, great salad

middle Eastern treasure - Edit

only came here as another place was closed.
so glad we did. really friendly service from staff who seemed delighted you can for a visit.
a fine selection of breads and salads. we had a mixed salad which was huge and two breads. both were fantastic and very different
the mixed salad was outstanding with huge array of flavours, some place nearby should visit here, there is more to salad than Mayo.
fantastic lunch option.

Pros: healthy, tasty, staff

Is it really vegan? - Edit

I called the number listed on here a few months ago to see if Kiez Vegan was still open (it was 20.30 on a Sunday night and Viasko was full). The woman who answered was quite angry about being called, as she used to work there but now has no more associations with the place. She went on a rant and said they use animal products. Maybe it's true, maybe she's just pissed at them for another reason. I've eaten there and the food was good, but nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not a top choice, given the range of vegan options in Berlin. When I was there last summer, the owner did mention that he himself is not vegan, which makes me wonder. Opening a restaurant and sticking "vegan" in the title is a shrews business move. . .

Good stuff - Edit

Very nice place - seems to be family-run.We had the lentil soup, salad bar and gözleme with potato and kale, which was all good, the gözleme maybe a bit on the dry side.

Pros: Food selection is vegan Turkish, friendly atmosphere, good location

tasty, wholesome fast food option. - Edit

Salad selection here is amazing! I would highly recommend the mixed plate.

Pizza, börek &co also feature (I didn't try them but they looked great) as well as a wide coffee and cake selection.

prices vary, generally very affordable (especially small baked goods!)

Pros: Selection, decent prices, Friendly

Delicious pide ans great cake - Edit

I don't know what else to say: I had pide with lots of different veggies and a poppy seed cake, both just delicious!
The place is not too big and during my stay the tables did not stay empty for long, which says something about the food :)
Nice atmosphere, nice staff, good prices!

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Cozy

Superb! - Edit

This is a great place to eat! First of all, they have a salad bar where they have 10 different salads, and for even the small salad (4.50 Euros), you get some of each. They have 3 soups (I had the lentil soup--very good), and they have other dishes, including boreks and personal pizzas, etc. Great quality, friendly owners, good portion sizes and just a short distance (less than a block) from the nearest U-Bahn stop. The only minus is the size of the restaurant--rather small.

Pros: excellent food, good prices, convenient, friendly, variety

Cons: a bit small

Tasty, fresh & vegan - Edit

Kiez vegan has a great selection of fresh salads, plus mediterranean bakes like börek, pizza etc., which you can get heated (microwaved...) or take out in a paper bag. Some fruity cakes, too.
You can mix and match the salads as you like; when we came with three people the owner suggested to make us a big plate with some of everything - a great option! The quantity was really good, too. There is a small sitting area inside, and very nice outdoor sitting on the wide pavement (in a quite quiet road).
Doesn't serve alcoholic drinks, only soft & hot drinks.

Pros: Tasty & fresh food, Friendly, Nice outdoor seating

Cons: Small place without bathroom

Tasty snacks at Kiez-Vegan - Edit

Hmmm, börek, pizza, fresh salads, sweet baked goods. This fairly new place is run by a friendly man who makes tasty vegan snacks at a fair price. Great location, I will be back!

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kiez Vegan - Kortestrasse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5533 times since Jul 2014.