Kien Giang

617-389-0040

1871 Revere Beach Pkwy, Everett, Massachusetts, USA, 02149

Serves meat, vegan options available. Separate vegetarian/vegan menu including vegetarian pho with tofu. One of the only veg options in the area. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-8:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, International, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by slithers

Disappointed - Edit

I enjoyed the food and the waitress was very nice, but the food made me sick after a few minutes.. i got diarrhea, so theres no way for me recommend the place.. now i'm afraid of having eaten something with animal origem without knowing.

Not Veg Sensitive - Edit

Went here because it was reported to have a vegetarian menu...it only has a section in the menu that is vegetarian. We were told they could make almost any dish vegan for us upon request, sounded good. I ordered the Pad Thai with tofu and no egg. The chef came out and said that they could not make it without egg without burning the noodles...I'd never heard that. I said please make it without egg and I'll risk it. The dish came out and the noodles looked fine...but there was shrimp and chicken all over it. I said I'm sorry but I can't eat this. The waitress said she was sorry, said she knew she told the back of house that it was supposed to be tofu only. They said they would remake it. Another dish came back suspiciously fast. I sniffed it, poked around and didn't see anything so I started eating. It was very oily, as was my partner's sweet and sour vegetables dish. Half way through the dish I found a chuck of chicken in the bottom. I think they just went through and tried to pull out the shrimp and chicken off the original dish. Needless to say I was upset and disappointed. I don't think this place deserves to be posted on Happy Cow! I still tipped, because the waitress seemed like she felt bad and I don't blame her for the mistake...but I will never return.

Chinese food - Edit

The food was really tasty for me, just a lot of cooking oil. If you used to it and like it I recommend. I took the curry with rice.

Update: went there a second time, fixed the oil for me and it was amazing. Got a fortune cookie at the end that was vegan too :)

Pros: Local cute family bussiness

vegan eats in Everett - Edit

I had to run an errand at the mall in Everett yesterday and found this place on HappyCow as a dinner option & ate there with my partner (non-veg) & 2 friends (both vegan). They have a small vegetarian menu, but everything on it looked good (& when asked, they were by default vegan).

I had the fried tofu w/ vegetables and curry (8$) and enjoyed it very much - 2 of my companions got the same, the 4th got one of the Pho soups. The portions are a little on the small side (if you're extra hungry like I was), but the price is so low, you could always get an extra dish or two to share.

They were also able to convert their shakes to vegan by substituting coconut milk, so my friend got a Durian shake with coconut milk (which he liked - I'm still skeptical about Durian, myself).

Note: when we called before visiting, the hours were not what was posted on HappyCow; you may want to call to confirm hours before visiting.

Pros: delicious & cheap vegan food, vegetarian menu (vegan by default), friendly staff

Cons: small, basic decor (non-fancy), beer, no wine

Return to Everett Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kien Giang closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.