Kickshaws Kitchen

540-374-2080

1002 Sophia St (at William St), Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA, 22401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Kickshaws Kitchen is a restaurant next to Kickshaws Downtown Market, a natural and organic market. The menu is not exclusively vegan but offers either naturally vegan meals or has vegan or vegetarian options for each selection. Offers vegan omelettes and breakfasts, sandwiches, salad and pizza. The kitchen is dedicated gluten and nut free and all baked goods are vegan. Open Mon 9:00am-5:00pm, Tue-Fri 9:00am-7:00pm, Sat 9:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, International, Organic, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery, European, Gluten-free, Non-veg

First Review by Jejakm

Excellent vegan options - Edit

Enjoyed the squash, quinoa salad with pear vinaigrette dressing. My dining companion had the chickpea curry wrap. Both were delicious. We also split an order of the yuca fries. Afterwards we each had a vegan cupcake - one chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting and the other was Nutella with sun butter frosting. The staff was friendly and attentive. Attached to the cafe is a small market with lots of healthy and vegan food options. I will stop here again the next time I am in Fredericksburg or plan to stop the next time I am passing through the area. Like the other reviewers I would give this place five stars if the app allowed.

Pros: lots of vegan options , delicious, fresh food, friendly, attentive staff

Awesome little place! - Edit

I came to this shop a few days ago after my mother-in-law recommended it as a local health food place she knew of. I love the shop. While they are not completely vegetarian/ vegan they have a ton of vegetarian/ vegan foods. They also have foods for people with nut, soy, and gluten allergies. Fresh local fruits and veggies and a wall of bulk spices, teas, nuts and beans. They also have a wall of natural ingredient products and a fridge with frozen vegan/ vegetarian foods. Not to mention they have a kitchen/ deli attached to the store in which they have refrigerators that contain local and non-local vegan cheeses and meats. They also have a display case filled with vegan cupcakes and pastries. Most of their meals can be prepared vegetarian or vegan upon request.

Today, I went back to get a few more things to take back home with me (I am from out of state visiting) and I stopped to have some lunch. The lady who took my order at the counter was super friendly, helpful and very pleasant to talk to. Both times I went I had amazing customer service. Today, I ordered the Chickpea Curry Wrap- vegan option. It was super delicious and it had a colorful salad on the side. I didn’t try a cupcake but I will before I leave town because I’m now regretting I didn’t, haha. I also want to go back and try their local brewed-in-house MTO- Kombucha. I only wish I could take this place back home with me!

I definitely recommend this place to everyone local and visitors. I give this place 5 stars but since it is not completely vegetarian/ vegan the app won’t let me.

Great Vegan Burger - Edit

The service was excellent, the vegan burger delicious and the cup cakes were just awesome. Nice, clean, family environment.

Pros: vegan options, good prices, serve with a smile.

Return to Fredericksburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Kickshaws Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.