Khun Nine Thai

( 1 review )
443-835-2319

804 N Charles St, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 21201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food with customization for vegan rice noodle and rice dishes (say no egg) plus there are sauteed seasonal vegetables with tofu, stir fried Thai eggplant with tofu, crispy vegetable spring rolls, green papaya salad, as well as sides of white and brown rice, noodles, steamed vegetables, or tofu. The vegetable/tofu dishes come with a side of rice. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-3:00pm, 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by MerryRose

Unbelievably delicious food 10/10 - Edit

Okay, so quick storytime. I originally planned on going to Doobys in midtown Baltimore with my friend before seeing a show at Center Stage (we'd heard they had some pretty bangin vegan options). Checking online we were convinced it closed at 8 - unfortunately, it OPENED at 8 am and closed at 4 pm which was quite a bummer to two hungry vegans. There was a little Thai place right next door that marketed itself as "Thai soul food" and out of curiosity my friend poked her head in and asked if they had vegan options, which they did. We ordered the eggplant and tofu stir fry as well as the pad key mao (drunken noodles). All of their noodle dishes are vegan as long as you specify no-egg (they only use fish sauce in their curries) and it seemed like they had a pretty good selection of vegan options. But let me just tell you this was some of the most delicious Thai food I had eaten in quite some time, and so authentic. After a bit of research, I found out one of the 3 owners (and head chef) is an immigrant from Thailand who had dreamed of pouring her love and her passion for cooking into a restaurant, so it was nice knowing I was doing my bit to help a local growing business as well. The space inside is fairly small, but there are a few tables as well as outdoor seating - they do alot of take-out and I believe delivery as well. If I didn't live so far from Baltimore I would absolutely become a regular of this place. The atmosphere inside is also very charming with little tealight candles on the tables, pots of herbs, and local artwork of all kinds hanging around.

Pros: the food tastes so ridiculously amazing, nice atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: smallish space

Return to Baltimore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Khun Nine Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.