Khow Thai

• Veg-friendly
Contact 303-447-0273

1600 Broadway St, Boulder, Colorado, USA, 80302

Serves meat, vegan options available. Some menu items can be made vegan if ordered with tofu instead of meat. Egg and fish sauce can be omitted upon request. Casual atmosphere.

Category: Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Gabe

Fish oil? - Edit

As a vegan, I've enjoyed this restaurant for many years. But the other day I called to place a to go order for the green curry, massaman curry, and red curry. I was told that these cannot. E made vegan, as they are made with fish oil. She went on to say that the only item she would suggest is the yellow curry, as it is the only one she can be sure is free of fish oil. I was really shocked, as I mention that I'm vegan every time I've come in for years, and this has never been mentioned. Is this a mistake, or have they been serving fish oil to vegans?

By the way, if you decide to go, check the ingredients before you use the hot sauce. When I went, it contained fish oil and the staff will not warn you about this.

Pros: Tastes good

Cons: May contain fish oil

Best Thai in Boulder - Edit

While it's far from a vegan or even vegetarian restaurants, Khow Thai has at least a dozen vegan options. Most of their stir-fry and rice/noodle dishes are vegan if ordered with tofu (which they do really well!), and I havent tried the curry but I think it is as well. The waitstaff is all really pleasant and accommodating. Khow Pad Basil with tofu is my personal favorite.

Pros: Price, Tofu done right, Big portions

Cons: Not fully vegetarian, can get crowded at lunch/dinner rush

Return to Boulder Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Khow Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1152 times since Jan 2011.