Khalsa Diwan Sikh Temple

• Org Organization
    ( 1 review )

Sikh temple providing free, communal meal to visitors. Dahl and chapati are usually vegan as is sabji when available. Rice is sometimes made with milk. Vegans should always ask. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-8:30pm.

1 Review

First Review by Stevie

Khalsa Diwan Sikh Temple, Hong Kong - Edit

Three of us went here today. We all agreed it was an enjoyable visit.

The food they offer is free and all vegetarian. Being Indian vegetarian food, eggs aren't used. Thus with 2 of us being vegan we asked for food that contained no milk products. That meant we were given dahl, rice, chapati and salad. It was delicious. The lacto ovo vegetarian in the group was also given some other dishes. Any place that offers free vegan to the community will always have something going for it in my view.

We were made very welcome there. I was aware from a Sikh friend back home that there is an etiquette:-

* covered head
* barefoot
* don't attend after consuming alcohol

The head covering part, me and the other guy in the group just wore hats. The girl among us put a scarf over head. ON asking if we could take a quick look around the temple we were given a mini guided tour.

As mentioned the food is free. We did though give them a small donation to help cover costs.

Pros: Includes free vegan food

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Khalsa Diwan Sikh Temple closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.