First Review by eatdrinkfullyvegan

Wonderful Experience! - Edit

They place seems to be a Loving Hut franchise, though it's not reflected in their name or outside signage. Mostly locals, and as was mentioned, not much English is spoken, but they did have an English menu for me when I went.

Also another customer volunteered to take my order in English and give it to the kitchen--plus he chatted with me and then demanded that he pay for my meal! Such a sweet guy and wonderful random experience.

The food itself was really good. They didn't have a couple items on the menu, maybe because it was close to closing time, so I went with the rice set meal, and the "cassava cakes" appetizer. It was all so delicious! The cassava cakes were a treat... they are steamed in banana leaves, chewy with fried tofu and seaweed inside (I'm guessing the non-veg version is fish?). I will definitely be back, and order them again! Oh, and so cheap! My set meal and appetizer would have come in at 23,000 dong, if I'd been allowed to pay for myself!

Pros: delicious, cheap, friendly atmosphere

Cons: not the cleanest place ever, but whatever

Decent cheap meal - Edit

I made it here in time (before 8pm) on my second try. When I came in I was offered a plate of rice with a selection of vegetables, mock meat and noodles. It was quite nice, particularly the baked (or fried) crisp potato chips. After being offered the meal I realised there was a menu on the wall in Vietnamese with a selection of rice, noodle, sandwich and other dishes. If I'd had more time I'd have come back to give them a try, especially as my meal cost me a very cheap VND1300.

Pros: Very cheap

Cons: Closes earlier than many restaurants

CHEAP - Edit

What a funny lil place! We walked there today and the owner-family was so nervous and happy to serve us.
Just a lil english and no english Menue.
The food was nice ! We had 4 dishes and 1 drink for only 65.000!
The cheapest lunch in 1 month vietnam.

Pros: Cheap, Not a touristy/busy place, Nice food

Cons: No english menue

Return to Hue Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Khai Tam closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.