Khai Tam - Phan Chu Trinh

352 Phan Chu Trinh (at Tue Tinh), Da Nang, Vietnam

Large, informal Vietnamese restaurant with a simple menu in Vietnamese only. Advised that there is no egg or milk in menu items, but milky drinks are for sale. Open Mon-Sun 6:00am-2:00pm, 4:00pm-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Vietnamese

First Review by Tiggy

Awesome Banh Xeo (Crispy Savoury Pancake) - Edit

The specialties at this place are Hotpot and Banh Xeo. The Hotpot was good - a huge pot brimming with vegetables, tofu, mock meat and with noodles on the side. However, it was the Banh Xeo that was the standout; this is one of my favourite local dishes so I've tried it at lots of veg places and this is probably the best I've had in Da Nang. It's a kind of savoury, crispy pancake made from rice flour mixed with turmeric. This one was super crunchy and not too oily and served with a really good peanut dipping sauce and fresh greens.

From memory it was about 90.000vnd for the two dishes, which is a bargain for so much food. I was the only non-Vietnamese here and it was packed at lunch-time, a good sign!

Pros: Awesome Banh Xeo, Cheap, Authentic

Cons: No menu (signs on wall, not in English), Staff don't speak English

Good, cheap food - Edit

I discovered this place accidentally while it was closed and decided to come back for dinner. The restaurant was bigger than I expected, quite lovely and all the tables were taken, so that I ended up sharing a table with some very friendly and generous locals. I ordered the rice noodle soup with bamboo, and it was very nice. The other people at the table, who had been chatting with me, invited me to share their mushroom hot pot, which was also delicious. I was told by the owner there is no egg or milk in any dishes. The menu isn't huge, but the prices are very reasonable at around VND15K for a bowl of soup.

Return to Da Nang Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Khai Tam - Phan Chu Trinh closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.