CLOSED: Kensho

Contact 01156618130

Aguirre 1620, Buenos Aires, Argentina,

Must call before you go. Usually open 2 days (weekend) only serving fine organic, vegetarian/vegan course meals. Other days hosts cooking classes. Previously at El Salvador 5783, Palermo and re-opened here. NOTE: possibly not re-opened after 2016 summer vacation; please send updates. NO UPDATES, REMOVED. Closes May, June, July months.

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine

First Review by Domie

great food, zilch vibe - Edit

Just had a delicious meal of a minty fresh quinoa salad and pumpkin gnocchi. Absolutely scrummy. It was just a shame that the venue itself was lacking..atmosphere and personality. Lovely attentive staff who did great considering she was the only one on the floor on a Friday night but it doesn't help the fact that there was just no vibe at the place.

AMAZING restaurant - Edit

This place really exceeded my expectations. The food was very tasty, so yummy I ended up licking my fingers afterwards. The chef and the staff were super attentive and you could see they really believe in their business. I loved the casual- chique design that didn't try too hard but still exhumed elegance. Having lived in London for a while and knowing the vegan/ veggie scene, I can say that I have never had such a tasty meal there- this was much better. Top notch. Considering it's all organic and the portions are pretty large, the price is very good as well. Just go.

Best vegan restaurant in Buenos Aires - Edit

Simply put, the food was inspired. Although there are limited main dishes, we were able to try quite a few as we were with a group and each dish was beautiful, different and delicious. The dips and crackers were very tasty and a wonderful way to start off the meal. The service was great and the our waitress knew all the ingredients and how each item was made. Big Plus is that this restaurant is now ALL VEGAN! Limited tables so you should make a reservation for an evening meal.

Pros: excellent food, great service, all vegan

Cons: somewhat drab decor

HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT - Edit

Had a tasteless overpriced meal at a cold atmosphere. The place is not taken care of at all. It pretends to be a modern place and it is so tacky, so cold, so pretentious. The food was whatever as well as the service. The juices were good. The ice-cream was yummy but ridiculously overpriced. The worst vegetarian restaurant I've been in BA. BTW if you go, be careful with the nail on the lady's bathroom door. I am putting two cows on the rating because it is the minimum allowed, but it deserves none. Sorry to be so straight-forward, but I was astonished to see it had a 5 cow rating and just had to tell you guys the truth and save vegetarians from the same dull and sad experience I had.

Pros: JUICES

Cons: TERRIBLE CHOICE, COLD ATMOSPHERE, OVERPRICED

Excellent - Edit

One of the best vegan restaurants I have ever known. Friendly staff, excelente food (including a lot of raw options) and nive enviroment. Definitely the best place I have ever eaten in Buenos Aires.

Pros: Excellent food, Plenty of raw options, Envioroment

top notch buenos aires restaurant - Edit

Absolutely a world class standard at Kensho. simple and stylish atmosphere. My friend and I went there today and with a whole 10 words of spanish between us, the waiter immediately got a staff member who could speak english to tell us about the menu. Very helpful and we chose the set menu, 3 courses for 55pesos. approx AUS$12. The meal was completely vegan and coeliac friendly. Pumpkin soup entree, the most divine savoury crepe i have ever savoured and a chocolate brownie for desert.
Most of the menu is vegan, some of it raw and all clearly labelled as to vegan, coeliac and raw foods. You can either pick and mix from the menu or choose their daily set menus where you can choose 2 or 3 courses and filtered water. Absolute bargain and having eaten in some of the other vegetarian places in the area i would rate this one the highest on all levels of taste and service.

Mostly Vegan Gem in Palermo Hollywood - Edit

We wanted to walk around Palermo Hollywood and then Palermo Soho, so we went to KENSHO for lunch. It was a Thursday and it was 2 PM, so things were very quiet and slow which turned out to be lovely for us.

The restaurant is a crisp, modern, minimalist space and it really has a nice, open-kitchen vibe. Everyone working there was very friendly and helpful. I'm 100% Vegan and I was impressed; Over 80-90% of the menu items are vegan. They conveniently mark items with icons for being vegan, Gluten Free, etc... which was SUPER helpful.

We ended up doing the special of the day which was an appetizer two mains and a dessert and we loved it all. Everything was very fresh and clearly tasted organic.

I think it's a pity that this is listed here at Vegetarian because that listing usually deters Vegans (like me) from thinking of it as the amazingly viable food option it is. We're here for 5 more days and hope to be back again before we leave.

Pros: Vegan Options Abound, Great Atmosphere, Friendly Staff

Cons: No English Menus (but the staff help)

Beautiful Tasty Modern Veg Cuisine - Edit

Can compete with top veggie restaurants we've eaten at anywhere in the world. Clean minimal decor frames colorful Asian / tinged cuisine. Lots of raw choices and mostly although not 100% vegan. Fine wine list with biodynamic and organic selections.

Pros: Excellent creative cuisine. , Decor, Friendly service

Cons: Not cheap

Crown Jewel of Veg Restaurants in BA - Edit

A visit to Kensho is a culinary art experience yet prices are reasonable. The chef is a true master and "alchemist" who, I learned, trained at the top veg restaurants in BA, then prepared meals for 12 out if his home for 6 years before opening Kensho. The menu offers veg, vegan and raw choices - all delicious and unforgettable. The wine list is excellent. One of the best vegan experiences in BA, possibly the world. Enjoy!

Pros: Excellent Food, Amazing desserts, Great wine list

Cons: Beautiful space but needs art, warmth

Return to Buenos Aires Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Kensho closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1590 times since Dec 2010.